It's no longer beer o' clock...

Options
Figured I would lose the spare tire for a new years resolution. Losing weight and keeping it off has been a constant issue in my life. The ladies don't exactly find my soggy *kitten* all that attractive, and now I'm working with TACPs, which has got me thinking "hell, guess I better make sure I can keep up." Most of the diets I've tried had no effect or were too restrictive for long term use. The one diet that has worked in the past is calorie reduction. Meal planning and preparation is an skill I lack. Oatmeal, Microwave steamers, progressive canned soups, and protein shakes are my baseline until I can get a better plan going. The foods I eat tend to have high sodium content and my water intake is not as high as it needs to be. Guess I'll have to work on that. I'm open to advice and I could always use some pointers...Oh well...here goes.

Replies

• Wakx
    Wakx Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Did you stop drinking beer? That will help for sure. And do you work out? How much and often?
  • CharlesJimerson
    Options
    I'll drink one or two beers on the weekend on my cheat day and I workout 5 times a week. The workouts consist of circuit training, machines, pushups, jogging, and or sprints. Total workout time is 1 hour.
  • Makethefatcry12
    Makethefatcry12 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Be careful with soups. You can take in a TON of sodium that way which will make you gain and get bloated. Drink a lot of water and it should help. I found that drinking at least 10 cups of water helps. If you don't care for water, I suggest adding Mio to it. Its a great water flavoring and there are different varieties and they contain no sugar or calories. I haven't found one that I don't like yet.
  • athensguy
    Options
    Did you stop drinking beer? That will help for sure. And do you work out? How much and often?

It's worth making room in your diet for beer. Many studies conclude that 1-3 alcoholic beverages daily reduce heart disease and other causes of mortality. Here's a big one:

http://eurheartj.oxfordjournals.org/content/29/2/204.abstract
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Beer is my one and only vise except working out but I don't count that. If I give it up, it will be last on the list after fat, carbs,sugar and sodium :o I have switched to the Bud 55 calorie beer which I think is pretty good for me. This girl loves her beer :))))
  • Sharonab123
    Options
    Make sure you keep your food log up to date. That will help make you more aware of your sodium and other items you chose to track. When you cook dinner, make extra to freeze, then you have lunch for another day.
  • ellavi
    Options
    Hey Charles,

I know the planning is tuff... But maybe even if your could add some raw fruits or veggies. even a bag of carrots and apples in your shopping cart would change all the dynamics.

The healthier you are the better your body will work and the higher your metabolism will be.

Enjoy the Journey,
    Ellavi
  • 2012x
    2012x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    wish it was beer o clock lol
  • mlrod1914
    Options
    I brew beer so I feel your pain. And the beer I brew usually is about 500 cal a bottle. So I have learned to share a lot. :) but portion control is really the key for me. I need to drink my beer. Thats not going to stop. But it's not everyday now and not even an entire bottle at a time. Believe me. I wish I could drink more. But I try to take more time to enjoy the little beer I do get to drink.