New gal on the block!

Options
Hi y'all, I just stumbled onto this site and think it's going to help me a lot in my goals. Just counted my food for the day on the calculator and entered my treadmill activity. Too easy!

I really need to get myself motivated and find it hard when people around me make "friendly" cutting remarks. How does everyone else cope?

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Ignore them! You are doing what you can for you. It's important to pay attention to those that matter, and those who are supportive!

Welcome! Good luck on your journey!
  • rayleansout
    Options
    Who cares what they think! Do what you need to do and show their *kitten* up which will shut them up for good!
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Misery just loves company...don't let it bother you, obviously it's their issue not yours. Stay focused on being positive and doing good things for you :)
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Ignore them! It is sad when people do that to make themselves feel better about themselves.
  • kell887
    Options
    Depending on what the remark is, ignore it or joke back. If it's too bad, ask 'em to stop.
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    What I have learned over the years of being this size is that I just do not let people have the power over me anymore. It hurts, but I do not let them see it. Only I can give them the power to hurt me. I am on here several times a day to cheer myself and others on if you want to add me, you can. Good Luck and We can do this !
  • garita93
    garita93 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I just joined today too after searching for a site like this. Yesterday I hit rock bottom and today is the day, today is the day to prove that we are more than our weight. We are fighters, we are survivors, we are choosing life!
  • sarahh1992
    Options
    This site is amazing, so many awesome and supportive people on here that will help you along to your goal :)
    Feel free to add me for support, and i wish you the best in the future :)