100 lbs in 1 year w/Pics!

Options
craft338
craft338 Posts: 870 Member
2604pwp.jpg

28u4ehf.jpg

ok, so it was 2 weeks over a year...but i came pretty close lol :wink:

I started MFP on January 24th, 2011 at 5'6" and 282 lbs. 1 year (and 2 weeks) later, I'm weighing in at 182 lbs :drinker:

oh, AND i quit smoking on May 3rd, on my 100th day of MFP! :glasses:

I started off by totally changing my diet and just eating really healthy. I tried to stay away from processed foods and found healthy alternatives for my favorites like bread and pasta...i even found a non dairy ice cream that was 150 calories for an entire PINT! (arctic zero :happy: ) I ate every few hours and averaged around 1650 calories a day. of course, it took me a while to get used to all of this...I'm not gonna lie and tell you it was easy, I would have to say it took me a good 3 months to get into a solid routine where it became "easiER". then, after I lost around 40lbs, I started exercising. Not much, just walking 2 miles a few days a week. Now I walk almost every day. If I don't walk, it's not the end of the world, I just try to stay active, in general.

whenever I started to fall off the wagon, I would watch documentaries about food, like food inc and food matters, ect. They taught me a lot, plus they motivated me to get back to eating healthy and exercising. If I got too stressed out with counting calories and the whole "dieting thing", I would take a day off and eat whatever I wanted, in moderation, of course, and get right back to it the next day. I logged my food almost every day until I lost about 80lbs, and I've gone without logging since then. of course the weight is coming off slowly now, but I'm in no rush. according to all of the "charts", I have another 30lbs to lose before I'm a "normal" weight, but I'm not sure if I want to go that low yet...I'll see once I get closer :smile:

I wish everyone lots of luck on their journey to a healthier lifestyle. stay strong, and "just do it" :happy:

Replies

• hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Just amazing. You are a beautiful lady. A major inspiration.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    wow that's awesome you look great, what an accomplishment be proud of yourself especially with quitting the smoking, that's very impressive. Many people would use quitting smoking as a crutch to gain weight and make excuses as to gain weight. I'm very impressed with your results.
  • minime2b
    minime2b Posts: 168
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look fantastic. :smile:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,021 Member
    Options
    Way to go, you look awesome. You should be proud of yourself. YOU DID IT
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    wow you look fantastic!
  • Sh3iz
    Sh3iz Posts: 12
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!! you loook great. you are an inspiration for sure!!!
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    That's really impressive! PS i love your hair! You're so gorgeous!!!
  • charitylyons
    Options
    Great job! You are such an inspiration!
  • Lorie66
    Options
    Omg! You are simply beautiful! You are doing a excellent job! Keep up the effort! :bigsmile:
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!! So proud. :D
  • rebelo3
    rebelo3 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats!
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You look like a whole new person!!! Congratulations!
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Simply AMAZING! It's really incredible to see what a difference one year of dedication can do. Thanks for sharing your story and congrats!
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great!
  • kiminita
    kiminita Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You rock.
  • michellebd1980
    Options
    Wow, you look fantastic!! Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • Lydiabee_4
    Lydiabee_4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    HOLY COW!
    You look amazing! Keep up the good work! =)

p.s. I Love the Doctor Who in your Ticker.
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! It is hard to believe that you are supposed to lose more! You must feel awesonme
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the 101 club! :smile: You look great!!!
  • futbolkt21
    Options
    You are amazing! Thanks for the inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!