Call me crazy, but....

Options
I swear, it feels like since ive started using myfitnesspal and counting calories i've gained weight rather than lost it. whereas before i ate healthy and in moderation without counting calories and wasn't gaining whatsoever....

/rantover

Replies

• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    It's hard to give you advice / condolences / support if we can't see your diary.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    It's hard to give you advice / condolences / support if we can't see your diary.

What she said.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I swear, it feels like since ive started using myfitnesspal and counting calories i've gained weight rather than lost it. whereas before i ate healthy and in moderation without counting calories and wasn't gaining whatsoever....

/rantover
    MFP is to blame.....obviously!
    What could MFP do to make you lose weight?
  • moxette
    moxette Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    YOUR BODY IS NOT BROKEN... log your food and follow the program. We have all been there and you know what? Sometimes it sucks and sometimes your body doesn't seem to want to lose as much as your mind wants to. But if you stick to it you will succeed. If it was easy we would all look like supermodels.
  • shannon4health
    Options
    Actually, it does make sense to me too:) Give your self a couple weeks to get really consistent with putting EVERYTHING you put in your mouth down on the diary and let others see it:) It is a TRUE wake up call to how much we really eat!!! I often think about the fact that I want to be honest with myself and those that are on this journey too and I feel bummed when I go over (like today I did...but I didn't eat anything that I regret if that makes sense...I worked out super hard last night and have been super hungry today I know I will kick butt tomorrow) Anyways...it's take a while to figure out your weight loss goals and make a PLAN and that commit to it!! You can do it!!
  • startinganewleaf
    Options
    @ MaximalLife --> No need to be a sarcastic *kitten*,
    I'm just saying,
    its been 5 weeks, I have been working out 5 times a week doing cardio/strength training and a variety of diff forms for both, I eat a usually clean diet apart from 1 or 2 binge days this month due to it being that time of the month, i drink ALOT of water and green tea.. Since I have been tracking what I eat, yes I eat more healthily because I am more aware of my eating habits BUT I haven't lost weight.. so explain that to me mate.
  • startinganewleaf
    Options
  • bigchrisnomore
    bigchrisnomore Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Perfectly possible you're creating more muscle than you are losing fat.

This is common in people who have a small amount of weight to lose.

Chris
  • m3g4nskyl3r
    Options
    :smile: Bump
  • startinganewleaf
    Options
    Thanks Chris, I know that is a possibility but I really don't want to gain muscle.. I just want to lose 20 pounds!!
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Time to whip out the measuring tape! Sometimes the scales won't move, but you will have lost inches. Crazy, I know, but bodies do weird things sometimes. Don't get discouraged!