Where are my runners??

Options
I have only been running for about 6 mths but to say I love it is an understatement! I'm currently training for a half marathon I'm running in April (7 miles is my best in distance so far) and my goal is to run a full marathon at the end of the year. Would love to have some runners on my friends list for encouragemnt and advice :)

For my birthday I got a bib to Warrior Dash!!!!! :) SO. FREAKING. EXCITED! May can't come fast enough!

Replies

• ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm currently training for a Tough Mudder event in June, www.toughmudder.com SOOOO excited! After I finish my couch to 5K program (I'm on week 5) I'm going to follow the training schedule for a half marathon.
  • blritz
    Options
    I too run. haven't done a mud run yet though. Have done some 5, 10 ks and a half marathon. my goal is to do another half this year too. I was sidelined by foot issues and am not as motivated now. I too could use some encouragement. Glad too see ome fellow crazies on here!
  • april1lowe
    april1lowe Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm currently training for a Tough Mudder event in June, www.toughmudder.com SOOOO excited! After I finish my couch to 5K program (I'm on week 5) I'm going to follow the training schedule for a half marathon.

Holy crap you're doing Tough Mudder!!! YIKES!!!! My fiance' insists I do it but I said not till I get through Warrior Dash first! LOL It's only a 5K vs Tough Mudder being 10 miles! Good for you!!!!!! I've ran 4 5Ks, you will LOVE it. Though I didn't use the C25K program, I've looked at it, it's a wonderful program!

I'm doing the Hal Higdons program for my Half training :) have you looked at any programs yet?
  • veganbabe133
    veganbabe133 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I run every kind of race! Runner keeps me at bay in my disordered eating and my weight. Running makes me feel strong. I am training for a marathon in may and am finally at 15 miles. I did a half marathon last fall!
  • april1lowe
    Options
    I too run. haven't done a mud run yet though. Have done some 5, 10 ks and a half marathon. my goal is to do another half this year too. I was sidelined by foot issues and am not as motivated now. I too could use some encouragement. Glad too see ome fellow crazies on here!

I am def one of the crazies LOL My fiance' is getting me the shirt that says "I'm only half crazy, 13.1" to have waiting for me a the finish line :) I hurt my achilles tendon in Dec, I still get twinges from it :( I ran too hard in my Vibrams one day, benched me for a week and I had to get better shoes (Reebok RealFlex, LOVE THEM) but since then I've been able to work with it. I've ran 4 5Ks and though I haven't done a 10K I have ran up to 7 miles :)
  • april1lowe
    Options
    I run every kind of race! Runner keeps me at bay in my disordered eating and my weight. Running makes me feel strong. I am training for a marathon in may and am finally at 15 miles. I did a half marathon last fall!

Running keeps me from snapping on everyone LOL I get you ;) I love how I feel after I hit a new best in distance. 15 miles is wonderful!!! I'm finally hitting the part of my training where I'll be pushing my distance, I'm nervous!!!
  • ToughMudderAddict
    Options

Holy crap you're doing Tough Mudder!!! YIKES!!!! My fiance' insists I do it but I said not till I get through Warrior Dash first! LOL It's only a 5K vs Tough Mudder being 10 miles! Good for you!!!!!! I've ran 4 5Ks, you will LOVE it. Though I didn't use the C25K program, I've looked at it, it's a wonderful program!

I'm doing the Hal Higdons program for my Half training :) have you looked at any programs yet?

I've looked at Hal Higdon's intermediate training guide (I don't know that I should start there though, I believe I'm definitely more of a beginner but I wasn't able to find that one, need to do some more researching). I also found a program on marathonrookie.com that I'm considering as well. I have some major work to do on my upper body before Tough Mudder too lol I'm so going to die or at the very least break something during the event... :) Can't wait though, it's going to be so fun!
  • ToughMudderAddict
    Options
    With hardly any researching at all I found the novice training schedule from Hal Higdon, I'll give it the once over and probably print it out lol
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I'm suppose to be training for a half coming up April 22nd. However after being a little burned from running the goofy challenge in January plus illness I'm hoping to get back in the swing of things later this week! As soon as this cold clears up! I have a half in April, full in June, half in sept at Disneyland for my coast to coast bling, and then done till the goofy again in January 2013.

Good luck with your coming half! I love running and looking forward to getting back to the gym!
  • april1lowe
    Options
    With hardly any researching at all I found the novice training schedule from Hal Higdon, I'll give it the once over and probably print it out lol

I tweaked it a little to accomidate my personal schedule.
  • april1lowe
    Options
    I'm suppose to be training for a half coming up April 22nd. However after being a little burned from running the goofy challenge in January plus illness I'm hoping to get back in the swing of things later this week! As soon as this cold clears up! I have a half in April, full in June, half in sept at Disneyland for my coast to coast bling, and then done till the goofy again in January 2013.

Good luck with your coming half! I love running and looking forward to getting back to the gym!

My half is April 14 :)
  • sunleigh
    sunleigh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i am a runner...over here :)
    Started last may and i have not looked back! i ran my first 5k in sept. my first 5 mile in october and I will be running my first 10k and 1/2 marathon in march. i can not wait. I am up to 10 miles, I am training at least to 12. I have some time still so I figured I will keep adding mileage every week until a couple weeks before the race. I have a few 1/2's this year and a bunch of 5k's a warrior dash(with hubby so excited), a 7mile trail run, and possibly a tough mudder, but i have not signed up for it yet...my friend is pushing me to do it.
    I really am into the running thing, can you tell :) i rather go out and run 2 miles then put on a workout video...actually i did that today...just more satisfying to me. Add me as a friend if you'd like :D and keep up the hard work!