Drinks?

Options
I am wondering...I usually would have about 15-20 beers a day up until last Sunday...I am trying to cut back but how does alcohol come in on the whole diet thing? I am absolutely not going to cut it out completly from my diet but does anybody have any suggestions?

Replies

• Danpellizzari
    Options
    Alcohol is empty calories.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Roughly 182 cals per pint of beer.

And you were drinking up to 20 a day....

That's probably double what you're allowed now! You can still have a beer or two, just make sure to allow for the calories, and log them.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is empty calories.

So? Man cannot live on nutrition food alone! We need nice things, for fun, pleasure, taste.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    15 or 20 per day?
    QUESTION: you ever had that many Dr Peppers in one day?
    Anyway, Bud Lite has 110 calorie per beer. If you drink 15, that's 1650 TOTALLY EMPTY calories:ohwell:

Anyway, it sounds like you are an alcoholic or something. Seriously, get help for yourself...
    You can't get healthy doing that.

Don't even bother.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Did you by any chance mean, "per week?"
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    A day?! I think that's a whole other health issue in itself and maybe it'd be best to see someone about it?

In terms of having things you enjoy some people seem to work on a 'cheat day' system and eat healthy the rest of the week. Others have everything in moderation, so just log what you do have and try and keep within your goals x
  • charlesb22
    charlesb22 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Try low-carb beers, most are around 100 cals a bottle. If I go out I drink vodka, lime & soda - I know it's not super exciting but sugary mixers give me a terrible headache :sad:

I steer clear of calorie heavy drinks like cocktails or creamy liqueurs. I will still have white wine on nights with my girls though, and my partners family drinks red wine with Sunday dinner! I just try to slow down the drinking so I don't drink as much - and check the calories in something before you drink it as it might stop you/make you think twice about drinking more!
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of beer!

I'd save it for the weekends..
  • deniserenee_02
    deniserenee_02 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    That's alot a day. I would shoot for drinking on the weekends.
  • Danpellizzari
    Options
    I agree. Intervention may be more of a priority in this situation.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I agree. Intervention may be more of a priority in this situation.
    This is ABSURD!
    I am all for living life to the fullest, but this is a cry for help.

If it were me, I'd give up beer except a few on the weekend and call that "free day".
  • mrtrik
    mrtrik Posts: 31
    Options
    That's gotta be a typo. Week maybe. Probably / month.
  • avninjalette123
    avninjalette123 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I kept my drinks for the weekend. But when I did want one during the week I made sure I had the cals for it. Simple google can help you find out just how much your drink of choice has in it.
  • vanilakitten
    vanilakitten Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    wow 15-20 a day? That's a bit much even for me considering I'm a total beer person. lol

Did u mean a week?
  • jlgobert
    jlgobert Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    By any chance is beer the major aspect of your diet. What I mean is do you drink more than you eat. I have a co-worker who drinks a case of beer a day and he is thin as a rail. the problem is that this is what he uses as his main dietary input. Alcoholics are usually some of the smallest people I know. But alcohol in conjunction with a full diet will only put on the pounds.
  • dmouse0225
    Options
    Before I started, I used to drink about a half a handle of captain a day (that is right people, not half a liter... the BIG bottle)... No intervention necessary. I cut down my drinking to on average 2 days a week. When I party, I mean it. But I try not to during the week. It DEFINITELY helps to cut WAY down on the booze. Be it cutting your daily intake, or cutting # of days.
  • lizzy00125
    Options
    I don't understand why some people feel the need to be so rude and judgemental. The lady asked a valid question and should in turn get some valid responses. There is no need to put her down.

As for the question, drinking beer often will probably hold you back from reaching some of your fitness goals. Some beers can be up to 170 calories. I would suggest drinking lower calorie beers, fewer days of the week. If you cut that intake (even slightly) you will see some results.
  • yag1630
    Options
    That's a lot for a day...i usually drink beer occasionally...healthy living is the best...too much is danger we have to balance it.
  • bebaird3
    Options
    My response is similar to the others.. I am not someone who can just have one or two beers.. WHEN I drink, it's usually more like 6-15, depending on who I'm with and what I'm doing. Because of that, I try to limit my drinking to one, maybe two nights a week. I also stick to the lower calorie beers that are around 100 calories or so, and I try to make sure I have AT LEAST 400-500 calories available for it. If I know that I'm going out with friends one weekend, I try to make that my only night that I will go over on my calories during the week (though I'd prefer to have no nights like that..). If I decide to have a glass or two of wine during the week, I always make sure I have the calories available. If I don't have the calories, I don't have the wine. Drinking and having a good time doesn't have to be cut out of your life completely.. You just have to find the balance that works best for you!

Hope you got some helpful responses!
  • nels2233
    Options
    a day?