Down about 80 LBS, face difference

Options
It took me fearing death to get started. Doing what most people would consider daily mundane routines are hellacious tasks at 295 LBS. Laying down at night not being able to take a deep breath was terrifying & embarrassing. Not being able to run, dance, & play with my six year old daughter for more than 15 seconds was embarrassing.

I remember when I first downloaded the Myfitnesspal app on my iPhone. Though it was pretty cool but didn't really try it out as much as I should have. It just took up space on my phone for about 4 months before I actually started using it on August 6th of 2011. I've always had a good amount of health/dieting knowledge but was far too lazy & lethargic to place any of it into action. I was just a completely uninspired person. Imagine knowing what you had to do, knowing what it takes to get to where you want, but being too much of a coward to stop talking about it & actually be about it. That was me. It took a lot of self actualizing & persistence but eventually I overcame the mental strides & made doing cardio everyday a habit. I made weighing everything I put into my body a habit. I also learned to love deadlifts & squats.

I'm nowhere near where I want to be body composition wise but I'm very happy with my progress thus far. I reached my short term goal which was to weigh 220 lbs on Christmas day & I'm currently around 203 lbs.

lkvDy.jpg

Replies

• hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Put the img in to lower case. Cant see the pic :)

****EDIT: Never mind, it came up. You look fabulous!!!! Bloody brilliant.
  • TenderBranson
    TenderBranson Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Put the img in to lower case. Cant see the pic :)

****EDIT: Never mind, it came up. You look fabulous!!!! Bloody brilliant.

Think I fixed it.

*Edit, thanks much appreciated.
  • JamieDD
    JamieDD Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    What a difference!! WTG!!! Keep up the good work!!
  • reserge
    reserge Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I got shivers when I saw your after pic. Well done, you must be so proud. I bet people don't recognise you!
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    WOW! u look so different!! very inspiring thank you for sharing!..:drinker:
  • msespresso
    msespresso Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look like your own younger, thinner brother :) Great job!
  • Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    wow awesome job. u've inspired me even more to keep going. lol we weigh about the same now. :) lets keep it up.
  • jofromnz
    jofromnz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Awesome job - you look like a different person!!! Well done :)
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I got shivers when I saw your after pic. Well done, you must be so proud. I bet people don't recognise you!

I got chills too! Great job!!!!!
  • 20danielle12
    20danielle12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What a difference! You look great, well done!
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You look like a completely new person! Good job :)
  • TenderBranson
    TenderBranson Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, I hope i've inspired those who are hesitant to get started or are having a hard time continuing their progress.
  • ChokingDrama
    Options
    Congratulations! Really. This is an amazing story.
  • CateLouise
    CateLouise Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    omg you look like a completly different person!!!! well done i bet your daughter loves playing with her new dad =D
  • MOS3
    MOS3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    OMG what a transformation - you look sooo good!! You must be very proud of yourself. Well done.
  • carlachristinewhite
    Options
    Another inspiration i will remember to keep me going and be motivated to reach my goal. Thanks for the boost!
  • Trinketona
    Options
    Wow, big difference. Great job.
  • Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Wow... handsome then, HUNK now!! :wink:
  • lizgriffiths82
    Options
    Fabulous!! I was also struggling with getting this journey off the ground but you have definitely put a new perspective on things...thanks for sharing!
  • pankbajp
    pankbajp Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I second that - you cant be the same person !!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!