A little bit of love and support :)

Options
Hi everyone - I'm new to MFP and new to the team but not new to weight loss...my whole life has been a struggle and now that I'm getting older the struggle is becoming even harder.

I have a very demanding job where I work long hours and I often make poor choices when I get home at night because I'm stressed out or tired. I'd love to have a fitness buddy or group to help keep me accountable. The last time I lost a big chunk of weight (I had lost 55 pounds!) I was a member of another fitness website and I found the support was what kept me going (and maybe a little friendly competition).

I will be 31 on the 27th of this month and I am currently 178ish? I'm afraid to get on the scale so I don't even know what I am anymore. I'd love to get back down to 150, I was feeling really good about myself then. Now that I'm seeing thats almost 30 pounds away I can't believe that I let myself slide back so much. I've put back on just about everything that I lost just a few years ago because of stress and lack of self control.

If anyone can relate please feel free to add me, I'd love to get this weight off and feel better about myself. I want to partner up with active people on the site and mobile app so that we can keep tabs throughout the day.

Replies

• Tudrase
    Options
    Hi :-) Ill be 31 in March and most of the past 5 has been spent yo-yoing between diets and exercise and lack of motivation and stress. I'm 156ish lbs and want to lose about 2 stone. I was really happy at ( stone and haven't been there for about 6 years. I hope you can reach your goal :-D
  • miawyatt
    miawyatt Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I can relate to letting yourself slide back...I had a moment when I was clothes shopping and trying on clothes. I looked in the mirror and had this reality moment, thinking, "Oh my gosh, I cannot believe I let myself go like this!" I also related to stress with having a 4 year old and job where deadlines are a daily can be stressful. I guess it is safe to say I do not deal with stress well. Easier, softer way seems to be the road I like to choose, and it is not working. :)

I would love to get this weight off too - 70 lbs. A gal I work with told me about MFP. I love it!! I just started 3 days ago. I love how it is keeping me accountable and everything is right at my fingertips!

I wish you the best and will look forward to your posts!