Wii users

Options
I was thinking of getting 30 day shred, can you get that for the Wii? or is that just on dvd?

Can Anyone recommend other Wii workout games you have bought and love and found effective and fun :)

I wanted to get 30 day shred, Just dance and maybe Zumba..

Anyone any other ideas? :)

Replies

• jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    DVD only I think :S
  • avimoo
    avimoo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I use Zumba 2 for the wii. This is a fantastic workout and so much fun. I am not very coordinated but I found that after a couple of times you get the hang of it.
  • csm1342
    Options
    I use Wii fit to weigh myself and do yoga and other fun games. I will get involved in the games and look up and 30minutes has passed.
  • KLWELL400
    Options
    For now I am doing the "walk it out" by Konami on the Wii. You walk to a variety of music while building an island, low impact but a workout no less. It does take into account your age, weight, and height to calculate calories burned. Have fun
  • AubriaJordan
    Options
    I use Zumba 2 for the wii. This is a fantastic workout and so much fun. I am not very coordinated but I found that after a couple of times you get the hang of it.

My friend bought Zumba for the Wii and said its horrible so I returned mine. Another girl on MFP said it's horrible as well and Best Buy even confirmed that it's not a good game for the Wii.

The Dance Videos are great for the Wii and my co workers (2 of them) love their Wii Fit with the board.
  • JeanniebeanL79
    JeanniebeanL79 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Just Dance!! I also have the biggest loser for the wii and it can make a workout routine to fit your needs when you enter info. I haven't used it in awhile but when I first got it, I loved it! Have fun! :-)
  • Jennlk84
    Options
    I use my Wii quite often as a second workout for the day! My favorites are Walk It Out, Just Dance 1-3 and of course the Wii fit plus disc. I also have The Biggest Loser game but haven't tried that out yet. I think the Wii can be a really fun way to get in some extra exercise each day!
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    The Wii is my primary go-to for exercise at the moment. It's hard to get out and walk/jog/run when you're deathly afraid of ice, night blind, and can't go during the day because you're home with the kiddo :). (For the record, if there's no ice, I will go for a jog at night, lol).
    I just have Just Dance 2 right now. I want to get Just Dance 3, Zumba 2, and I'm waiting for my EA Active game to come in. I'm also trying to convince my husband to buy me the Wii Fit Plus for my birthday :)
    30 Day Shred is a DVD only, and its about $10. There are Biggest Loser games for the Wii though, you might want to look into those too.
  • jennifer282000
    jennifer282000 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 2 and 3 is what I use and I love them...
  • Jnine25
    Jnine25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

My friend bought Zumba for the Wii and said its horrible so I returned mine. Another girl on MFP said it's horrible as well and Best Buy even confirmed that it's not a good game for the Wii.

The Dance Videos are great for the Wii and my co workers (2 of them) love their Wii Fit with the board.

Yes, Zumba for the Wii is not great. Let me tell you about my experience... My friend and I went to Best Buy looking for Zumba. We are both overweight by about 100 pounds. We couldn't find the regular Zumba, but they had Zumba 2. My friend bought it. We did the workout and liked it ALOT! I figured it was only fair that I go find the first Zumba and buy it for us so we'd have a change-up if we so desired. Let's just say I got the short end of the deal!!! GO GET ZUMBA 2! IT IS MUCH DIFFERENT THAN ZUMBA (ORIGINAL) AND HAS THE CALORIE COUNT. JUST DANCE IS FUN TOO.
  • Jnine25
    Jnine25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Also, do not be concerned if you are doing the moves correctly. Zumba does not care!!!! You are still moving and getting great exercise! Even with me not preferring Zumba original because of its animated person that's hard to see and no calorie count, it is still a good workout. I suggest borrowing it from someone you know and see if it meets your expectations. LOTS of people LOVE zumba!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba 1 for Wii and I love it! At the end of 45 mins I am soaked! It does take a while to learn all the moves (as with anything) but if you give it more than 1 day it is really fun! I do it once, sometimes twice a day. Have been for the past month and I am just now to where I know all the moves. Have not got Zumba 2 yet. Hope to get it this weekend!
  • jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I Have the Wii Active. I like it more them Wii fit. I feel like its a better work out and it has better strength training. It's what I used to build up to running again.
    30ds is DVD only but its a good workout! Good luck.
  • Munque
    Munque Posts: 123
    Options
    I do just dance and Wii fit on the Wii and I love it, can't wait to get the dance games for my (I mean the kids) xbox, I heard it's a lot harder and keeps you moving.
  • NicoleElen
    NicoleElen Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba 1 and use it daily. It's ok, not great. After reading these comments, I am off to shop for the Zumba II
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options

well those people are crazy, because zumba on wii is fantastic. They're probably complaining because it doesn't always register your moves for points but who cares? The point is you're moving and dancing and it's super fun.

Oh and I don't have 3DS but I have ripped in 30 which is fantastic. I am on my second round of it and I have muscles and definition I never had before, and I didn't follow her silly meal plan or do it every single day for 30 days (skipped a couple here and there)
  • finallygettingskinny2013
    Options
    I love Gold's Gym Dance Workout for the Wii! It is amazing and it'll also tell you how many calories you burned, and show you what type of food you just burned :) It's absolutely great!
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have the EA Active 2 ,Biggest Loser workouts, Golds Gym Boxing and Zumba. Zumba is hard, I have no co-ordination, so I gave up lol. I may try it again though, it does look like fun. The other workouts are pretty good too. I may have to try the dancing ones, everyone seems to be enjoying them.
  • wilkin_rebecca
    wilkin_rebecca Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    we currently have Just Dance Summer Party, i use almost everyday and it is quite a workout, you work up quite a sweat. I love it and can't wait to get more
  • taylorblues
    taylorblues Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Had no idea wii games were such fun to work out to, I'll have to get mine out and give it a go!!
    Thanks.