EDAMAME!!

Options
brismom070897
brismom070897 Posts: 178 Member
ONLY TRIED IT ONCE....At The Cheese Cake Factory. I believe it was toasted (or maybe baked) and on thier appetizer menu. Had to pop them open to eat the beans! It was so yummy. Does anyone have a recipe for this. I have no idea what to do with it once I get it. I've bought some frozens "pods".. Now what??:huh:

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Steam them, roast them, throw them in stir fry. Yummy any way! I just can't eat them myself... :cry:
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Salt-and-Pepper-Edamame-Soybeans-in-the-Pod-102723

Most places serve edemame 'salt & pepper' style (recipe above)
  • traceyjolli
    Options
    Tried them for the first time the other day in a stirfry.... lovely, just cannot seem to buy them seperately anywhere. The stirfry was already made up.
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Tried them for the first time the other day in a stirfry.... lovely, just cannot seem to buy them seperately anywhere. The stirfry was already made up.
    Check the frozen vegetable section at your grocer.
  • sewparis
    sewparis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I buy the frozen individual servings at my grocery store. You just microwave them for a couple of minutes and bingo. Yummy snack with low calories :)
  • alicia2601
    alicia2601 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

They are in the frozen asian food section at my local Walmart along side the egg rolls and wontons.
  • brismom070897
    brismom070897 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!:smile:
  • renu74
    renu74 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I buy the frozen individual servings at my grocery store. You just microwave them for a couple of minutes and bingo. Yummy snack with low calories :)
    With some salt ...best snack ever.
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options

this^^

I believe they are part of the "simply steam" brand
    I got some at Walmart, personally I find that I don't need to add anything to those
  • daphnegetnfit
    Options
    Check the frozen vegetable section at your grocer.

Trader Joe's or Whole Foods for sure
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Walmart sells them in the pods and without, in the freezer section.
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I buy mine from Costco in indivdual packed portions. 12 in a box - just pop um in the micro wave for 3 minutes and they steam in the bag. Take um out and salt them!!

Having some for lunch today as a side!!! Packed with protein! Love it!!!

Enjoy!!!
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I buy mine in Walmart frozen foods. I get them already shelled and put them in almost everything!!!
  • drellbell
    Options
    I buy them frozen and just boil them till they float. let them cool for a few min and add some sea salt soooooooooo good
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I would use them the same way you would use beans or peas..................and yes, they are so yummy. Bet they would be good with Quinoa,Chicken and garlic..........mmmmmm:bigsmile:
  • serebelum17
    Options
    PictSweet makes a steamable package. They are good, but you have shell them after steaming in order to consume. These were salty when I reheated them the next day (1 package contains 2 servings). Otherwise, they were delicious!!
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    had these for the first time yesterday and they were lovely. why do you have to add salt though? they're nice enough without salt. kind of like a cross between a peanut and a pea.
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Love them
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    Steam them, roast them, throw them in stir fry. Yummy any way! I just can't eat them myself... :cry:

I am just curious how you have been able to reply to 600 posts in one week...
  • jessicaann05
    Options
    I buy them frozen and just boil them till they float. let them cool for a few min and add some sea salt soooooooooo good

^^Yep! Delicious!!!