Replies

• AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Clowns.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything I can think of but have a friend also afraid of frogs. So you are not alone.
  • Carita79
    Carita79 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    maggots and snakes
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Trampolines. Will NEVER go on one, EVER.
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Tunnels and we three in Pittsburgh. omg :happy:
  • anabell31
    Options
    Spiders mostly. And I refuse to look out windows at night. But the weirdest one is standing in doorways. I saw a horror movie when I was little where a guy was peeking around a doorway and it slammed shut and cut his fingers off. *shiver*

Edit: Oh! And deep water. You will NEVER catch me on a boat unless the water is crystal clear and I can see the bottom.
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I'm not being funny. I go into a panic attack mode if I happen to pass by either one of them on TV. Have never seen the Depp version but I have seen posters so I know what it looks like. My heart is racing just thinking about it.
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Claustrophobic! I have that crazy, irrational fear of enclosed spaces. The Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland had me hyperventilating!

I don't fear bees/wasps/hornets/yellowjackets, but I have a very healthy respect for them. I'm quite allergic to their stings, so I do my best to stay away.

And I wouldn't call it a fear, really... but clowns. Oh, they can freak me out. There is something unnatural (to me) about clowns. And mimes.
  • december8teen
    Options
    The DENTIST.
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    My name is AmberBoobar and I am afraid of frogs:ohwell: . Not any type in particular, all of em! They can be big fat bullfrogs, or teeny tiny garden toads. On the other hand, I LOVE:heart: turtles... sea turtles, paints, snapping ones. ALL OF EM. So come on, spill it. What is your irrational, can't explain it, can't get over it... FEAR? (I'll be off line for the weekend, but can't wait to see if I am the only CRAZY one out there when I check on Monday morning!) :wink:

I am terrified of frogs.
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I am scared of clowns. Not just the "oh god that's creepy!" kind of scared, a real, full on phobia resulting in panic attacks and nightmares. I cannot Alt-F4 quick enough if I see one on the computer.

Also needles, but nowhere near as bad as the clowns.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Feelsbadman.jpg

I freaking LOVE this!!! :laugh: :laugh: Thanks!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options
    Cats... and not big ones like tigers and lions. I'm talking about the run-of-the-mill, fat tabby that likes to nap in the sun. Terrifying! (to me, at least)

My mother in law is too... crazy scared!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options
    Water, even when it rains hard it creeps me out and I'm so scared the house will flood. Taking my Son to baby swim lessons when the water is up to my thighs I am on edge the whole time. Once I fell backwards and flipped out. I couldn't manage to stand up and the lifeguard running the lesson had to help me. Even having a bath makes me uneasy, hence why I shower.

My gram!!! I let her watch my then 2yo at the water park once... I could hear her SCREAMING from quite a ways away because he had toddled out a few feet into the 6" pool. I had no idea how BIG her fear of the water really was until then... YIKES!
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm terrified of a few irrational things.

Although, I think the MOST irrational fear I have is...
    Well...

I'm terrified of chickens. They just creep me out. They're feet are gross. They're MEAN.

Every time I'm around a chicken, i start freaking out and crying and try to get away as fast as possible before it, like, eats me or something.

Much anxiety and panic.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I have 3 things that scare the crap out of me....I hate rats, any kind (even pets). I am terrified of small enclosed places. But the biggie for me is heights! I have to make myself stand on a chair to get something out of the upper cabinets or to change a light bulb. I don't do ladders at all, ever. I just can't.
  • canaussie
    canaussie Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Heights! We used to make fun of our Mum who was afraid of heights... and now I know how she feels! Her and I actually went up in a hot air balloon this past year and although it was scary, it was amazing!
    My other fear is a pretty specific situation... being a cave where I have to squeeze through a small space, or crawl into a small space! Damn, I'm starting to have heart palpitations just thinking about it! :(
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I'm afraid of a number of things. Most are pretty common (spiders, tornadoes, heights)

But as far as irrational fears goes, I'm more afraid of things like: Being murdered/kidnapped, having loose hairs (be it mines or any one else's) wrapped around my fingers. I guess to further explain, it'd be like when you were swimming in a pool and you occasionally stumble upon some stranger's loose hairs all over your fingers. I also don't care for anything that suddenly pops. This includes: biscuit cans and champagne corks/bottles.

I'm also reeeally scared of breaking a tooth. It doesn't matter which tooth. I've just always had this slight uneasiness with losing one.. y'know, after losing all of my baby teeth.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    rounding the bases and finding a man on third. never has happened, but always in the back of my mind. lame i know.
  • RDalton84
    Options
    Oh boy, where do I start? lol My biggest fear is probably heights. I don't like to look out the windows if I am really high up and I HAAATE being on a balcony because I just imagine myself plummeting to the ground. My next fear probably goes right along with the heights thing, I hate elevators. I have a reoccuring nightmare where I am on an elevator and it stops working and just starts free falling *shudders* so scary. I also hate anything that flies because I always think it's a bee/wasp/hornet whatever other insect that stings. I also hate stepping ONTO an escalator because I am always afraid I am going to step wrong, lose my footing and get hurt. I also don't like the dark, I HAVE to turn a light on before i can walk into a room. I think I need help lol