Any College Students Using MFP?

Options

Replies

• Tclub
    Tclub Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are both college students and parents, but we are helping each other to succeed.
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm a junior year Biology major that lost time for my body when I put time into studying life away. Can't do much with my degree if what I want to do is physically demanding and I'm an out of shape, chubby graduate.
  • meggiewes
    Options
    I'm in college. I've been trying to get back on here and really work at it. I find it difficult because of the lack of freedom I have in my cafeteria. But, I have found that drinking water helps. I keep discovering this and I'm starting to wonder when the knowledge will stick.
  • iSpeakLife
    iSpeakLife Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a senior in college :)
  • EricLucas
    EricLucas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I am on my second year of college and working full time-ish (30 hours or so) and its rough out there trying to squeeze in gym time. I find the best way is to stay positive and seeing posts like all of yours is inspiring.
  • rebelo3
    rebelo3 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm in college too! My senior year and boy it is hard to balance a healthy lifestyle with a college lifestyle. Feel free to add me :)
  • VirtuousJoy
    VirtuousJoy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Actually, going in a college building, seeing all these in shape women, who played sports or looked great in everything they wore, was in an of itself a motivation! I've had so many struggles with my weight, trying to maintain it, not spending my cash on fast food restaurants has been very difficult but God is giving me the strength to stick to it this time, and I'm excited to see the transformation!! :)
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm in college too! My senior year and boy it is hard to balance a healthy lifestyle with a college lifestyle. Feel free to add me :)

Sooo true on balancing with a college lifestyle. I can only imaging my dilemma when I turn 21 and have the freedom to drink all I want without fear of police. haha
  • apretz1
    Options
    Took this year of university, taking advantage of the time I have to get in shape before I go back to school in September! The stress of the first year of Uni is what made me put on weight, literally the freshman 15. Great to see a lot of young people on here working there way to a healthy lifestyle!

If you haven't already look into "Oxygen" magazine, it's a women's fitness magazine that has real fitness models and not skinny sticks like "Self" Magazine and others like that. It is full of great workout's (most are quick and can be done at home) as well as recipes and TONS of inspiration.
  • Misterpiz
    Options
    I am in my Master's Program
  • AmandaEmily91
    Options
    WOW! im so glad i posted this thread!! Glad to see im not the only college student trying to balance basically.... everything hahaha..

My food diary is open so anyone looking for any receipies and what I eat throughout the day is more than welcome to look! let me know if there is any foods you havent tried .... tried... what not.

Ive never heard of "oxygen"magazine, will def have to look it up!

Thanks for all the support and i am 100% commited to updating MFP!
  • digitalakuryou
    Options
    I'm a Junior in college, and losing is hard. I'm doing it. A little slower than I'd like, but as long as I keep losing I'll be happy :D
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Yup! I'm in my first year taking some business classes and massage therapy.

I had no name brand kraft dinner for breakfast.. I think this may make me the epitome of a poor university student.
  • abc_life
    Options
    right here!! granted its community college now, but i went to psu
  • Yep I'm in College :) Lebanon College
  • puzzlingkirsten
    puzzlingkirsten Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm a college weightloser. :P

It is pretty tough with all the temptations right on campus... But I just try to remember how over priced it all is and how sick most of it makes me feel. It's not worth five minutes of deliciousness just to feel sick for the next 48 hours. Maybe I just have a sensitive stomach... Lol.

As far as juggling classes and stuff, I've never had it very hard. My schedule is pretty regular so I can eat at normal times and get home before rush hour most days. But it is tiring and I do get lazy...
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Broke college student here!
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm in my last semester of grad school and between classes, internship, and work it's hard to fit in exercise and eating right but I'm trying! Feel free to add me :)
  • jmv42
    jmv42 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I'm a sophomore at Pitt, with a full eighteen credits, and a full time job. I'm an Athletic Training major, so being healthy is super important. I'm down ten with twenty-ish to go! I used to be a three sport athlete in high school, so college has been a huge change for me.

Looking for all the support I can get!
  • cort124
    Options
    I'm a college student, 20 yrs old with 40-50 lbs to lose, feel free to add me ! I would love the supporters :)