Eggs <3

Options
2»

Replies

• michellebelle1
    michellebelle1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday night, I use a mixer to blend 8 large eggs and 4 egg whites, add a whole chopped red pepper, green pepper, tomato, and lots of spinach, add a bit of garlic powder and red pepper flakes, and bake for about 25 min at 350 degrees. I cut it up to make 20 squares, and I pop 4 squares in the microwave for about 1.5 min, top with salsa, and that's breakfast all work-week long! Only 150-180 calories for each serving, and oh-so filling. Gets me from 6:30 in the morning, through my workout, and to my 10:00 snack just fine.
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 hard boiled eggs a day -- yolks in! (C'mon, that's the best part!)

I can't hard boil them though. I steam them instead. Whenever I boil them in water I can never peel them, so I put them in a steamer basket, put a lid on, turn the burner on high, set the timer for 16 minutes and walk away. Turns out perfect every time and the most easily peeled hard boiled eggs you'll ever eat!!!!
  • Cmh1211
    Cmh1211 Posts: 104
    Options
    eggs are the best food ever! me and my wife go out with friends to fancy restaurants sometimes and i still order eggs... sadly, now that im on a diet, i only eat the egg whites. still awesome! i replace the yolk with tomato. ex: i take a tortilla, low fat cheese, 4 egg whites and some tomato and roll that thing up... sometimes i eat this twice a day. best thing, its less then 300 calories. woot!
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Why would you eat an egg with no yolk? That's just not right.....Ha-Ha. I love the yoke. I eat about 8-10 per week. No problem with my cholesterol either.
  • synthetiquecindy
    Options
    I'm glad you all eggree, that eggs are..*giggle* Eggstraordinary! :laugh:
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Depends how the funds are looking! Towards the end of the month I get through more. I prefer them as a cheese omlette with baked beans.
  • EllaScarlet
    EllaScarlet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have started adding egg whites to my oatmeal in the morning. They are really good that way. I can't get over how much more filling my breakfast is because of them.

DITTO!!! An amazing way to maximise the protein in your morning oatmeal.
  • eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOVE eggs
    but I don't eat them that often.

I like them any style..
    I love yolks unless it is scrambled and then it might just be white.
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I only eat egg whites. I can go through atleast 2 big cartons of egg whites in 1 week.
  • ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i work from home, and keep odd hours, so i am 10-11am waking up most mornings so most of my days are two large meals and a couple kind of big snacks scattered throughout the day, so breakfast looses out. but i love scrambled eggs. sometimes i scramble a couple egg beaters and put them on a bagel thin with a laughing cow cheese and a couple slices of turkey pepperoni.
  • Kellyffm
    Kellyffm Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RobynJoy76
    RobynJoy76 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I eat one egg almost every morning with whatever veggies and cheeses we have in the fridge and sometimes with some brown rice mixed in. I would feel bad wasting the yolk to just eat whites and they are so yummy! I sometimes eat a hard boiled during the day and I love them in all their varieties. I could probably eat them for every meal and be satisfied.
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    4-5 a day.

2-3 scrambled for breakfast
    1 hard boiled for morning snack
    1 hard boiled for afternoon snack.

ALWAYS with yolks.