No progress??

Options
So I have stopped making progress... or so I think.
I have been the same weight and measurements for the past week, week and a half.
What to do now?
I still need to lose atleast another 20 lbs... I can't plateau yet!!

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I seemed to hit a wall at about 4 weeks. just stay on the right path, and within 2 weeks, you'll crash through the wall.

it isn't really a plateau, those can go on for months. it's just your body adjusting to the new methods.

You CAN get through this. this is the moment where so many people give up. Don't give in to that temptation!!!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I seemed to hit a wall at about 4 weeks. just stay on the right path, and within 2 weeks, you'll crash through the wall.

it isn't really a plateau, those can go on for months. it's just your body adjusting to the new methods.

You CAN get through this. this is the moment where so many people give up. Don't give in to that temptation!!!

Ditto on this..............

A true plateau is 4 weeks with 0 pounds or inches lost.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    If you are exercising the same way each day then your body could have adjusted to the routine and is not cooperating with you. The body needs to be challenged and you can do that by switching the way you work out and what you work out with.

I usually do 90 minutes on the elliptical three days a week with 30 minutes of abs following. The other three days of the week I will do 60 minutes on the exercise bike, 30 minutes of free weights and 30 minutes of abs. If I do work out on the 7th day I will usually do 30 minutes on each machine and some abs just to break a good sweat.

You don't have to do what I do but you get the idea of switching things around. In your routines you might try what's called interval training go to this site to get an idea of how this works:

http://www.intervaltraining.net/

Be sure you're taking in enough water every day as well.

Good Luck, Bob
  • euphoria11
    euphoria11 Posts: 49
    Options
    Can going over on protein and fiber negatively affect my progress??
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    nah. MFP is pretty low on protein, and if you are working out, you're using it.
    tooo much fiber will make you gassy, :sick: , but that's all. :laugh:

You'll see progress soon, I know it's hard to be patient, but trut us, it will happen if you stay on the right path.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    oh and Bob is 100% right on the water....are you drinking enough?

eight 8oz glasses per day.

more if you exercise that day.

so much that your urine should be pretty clear. dark yellow colored urine indicates poor hydration.
  • lorenafrid
    Options
    I can't see how going over on fiber could be bad for yor progress, for the protein maybe. i'm not an expert though.
    About the progress, you can't reduce your consumed calories or that will make your body need less and less to make any weigth loss progrees. But you can exercise more or in a different way. Increase repetitions or weight used to increase de calories burnt.
  • skearns
    skearns Posts: 16
    Options
    So that's what it is. I've hit a plateau. I am so frustrated! :explode:

But I'm hanging in there. It's got to break soon. My exercise routine is making a difference with my stamina and ability to hike farther and tackle more strenuous trails, but my weight has been holding steady for the last month.
  • brainey100
    brainey100 Posts: 27
    Options
    Hang in there. I've been stuck with the same waist size for three weeks now and my weight loss has slowed a little. But look on the bright side. Your eating better, exercising, and living a more nutritious lifestyle (or I would assume so, since you're on here). As long as you continue down the right path, great things will happen. Just keep working and don't give in to the frustration.
  • juliep63
    juliep63 Posts: 84
    Options
    remember too - your body is in panic mode because it's lost a lot of fat reserves, so it's going to try to hang onto as much as possible. keep doing what you're doing, and eventually, you'll start losing again