Having trouble staying under 1310 calories

Options
2»

Replies

• Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Add veggies and fruit, and cut some sugar.

I'm noticing you are eating things like Fruit Roll Ups on a fairly regular basis. Fruit Roll Ups will do nothing to fill you up. Try eating a piece of dark chocolate or half a banana if you need something sweet. They have fiber, and a 50 calorie portion will be more filling and satisfying than the Fruit Roll Ups.

Instead of Snickers, maybe you can have a handful of unsalted, uncooked almonds. Almonds have less sugar, and a lot of fiber, so they will be more filling.

Instead of crackers, you may want to eat a piece of whole wheat bread with a slice of low fat cheese or a thin layer of peanut butter, or maybe a multigrain waffle.

I'm on a 1200 diet. I eat a lot of veggies and fruit to get my fill. I have treats, but I limit what I have and how often I have it. I also go over my 1200 on certain days when I feel especially tired or hungry. I make it up with exercise on another day of the week.
  • kieferz
    kieferz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You all have some really good ideas. Thanks. I forgot all about cottage cheese for a snack.
  • kieferz
    Options
    Yea the sweet tooth gets me. I know I need to stock up on some fruits and nuts. I am always scared of nuts though because they are usually sooooo high in fat.
  • snaus70
    Options
    Nuts are GOOD fat though... and we need fat to function! And supposedly it even helps metabolism, or so I've read. Just keep to 1 or 2 servings/day and look at the total calories rather than the fat content. I know what you mean though, I have a hard time adding olive oil to foods that call for it since it is OIL even though I know a bit of it would be probably be good for my health! My goal is 1200 net cal/day, but I get too hungry if that's all I eat. What has worked for me personally the last couple of weeks is to eat around 1700 cal/day and do 50 minutes on the elliptical.
  • kieferz
    Options
    I suppose I could try to train myself to like splenda in my coffee... (icky face)... nope think I might just have to continue to count those calories in...
  • kieferz
    Options
    Ok so I went over today by 4 calories.. :(
  • Eat more protein. This will help you feel full longer. I try to get at least 100g a day (1g per pound of lean body mass). Center your meals and snacks around protein. Fill in with fruits and veggies and whatever else you like. Fats are fiber will help you to feel full longer too. Here are some of my staple foods:

Chicken
    Beef
    Eggs
    Greek yogurt
    Whey protein powder
    Cottage cheese
    Red peppers
    High fiber crackers (I like Kashi)
    Clementines
    Berries
    Baby carrots
    Hummus