MFP vs flat belly diet

I just finished a week of the flat belly, and had more success with that in 1 week (without exercise), than I did with MFP (with exercise) for over a month. Guess I'll be using that one again right before going away !!

Replies

• Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Will you let us know if you gain it back coming off it?
  • What is involved in the Flat Belly Diet?
  • I'd love to know what it involved as well. Any tips are always appreciated! :)
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    bump
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Good luck.
  • brismom070897
    brismom070897 Posts: 178 Member
    bumpy
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    I just finished a week of the flat belly, and had more success with that in 1 week (without exercise), than I did with MFP (with exercise) for over a month. Guess I'll be using that one again right before going away !!
    Diets are temporary. It can be done with correct calories and exercise, but some don't want to take that route.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • fitnessgoddess17
    fitnessgoddess17 Posts: 125 Member
    BUMP
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,292 Member
    most likely with exercise your muscle were storing water, when you did the other diet with no exercise your muscles shed the water, most likely the loss was not fat. Exercise is healthy for a variety of reasons and weight loss is near the bottom of the list.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/flat-belly-diet

It's a 1600 calorie diet (4 meals of 400 calories), mediterranean style food (fruits, veggies, whole grains, etc). The "secret" is to include mono-unsaturated fat (MUFA) in every meal.

Plus there's a subscription fee. $15 a month I think?

Not really sure how this would help you if MFP didn't, especially because nutritionists are saying that MUFAs don't have anything to do with belly fat.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Well, I am glad to hear that you lost some weight.
    However, I think there is a big difference between MFP and The Flat Belly Diet... ...MFP isn't a diet...it is a tool that we can use to journal our progress and determine where we need to make adjustments.
    The problem with dieting is that you risk gaining it all back once you try to increase your calories, or go back to eating carbs, or go back to eating whatever the diet restricts (each diet restricts something it seems).

For me, I am focusing on eating everything in moderation. I haven't cut anything completely out, I have just cut down and I have already lost weight and inches.

Eating right is for life...
  • deniserenee_02
    deniserenee_02 Posts: 158 Member
    My personal opinion the slower the better.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Well, I am glad to hear that you lost some weight.
    However, I think there is a big difference between MFP and The Flat Belly Diet... ...MFP isn't a diet...it is a tool that we can use to journal our progress and determine where we need to make adjustments.
    The problem with dieting is that you risk gaining it all back once you try to increase your calories, or go back to eating carbs, or go back to eating whatever the diet restricts (each diet restricts something it seems).

For me, I am focusing on eating everything in moderation. I haven't cut anything completely out, I have just cut down and I have already lost weight and inches.

Eating right is for life...

I completely agree.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    You know targeted fat loss is impossible right?
  • recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    Hmmm, lets see. 1 picture...no friends...blank profile...unreasonable claim..What's the word I'm looking for??
  • Herntere
    Herntere Posts: 16 Member
    Please share your secrets..
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    The word is....

TROLL
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    My mother in law bought this book to read, she said you count carbs and sugar, not calories (the author stated counting calories doesnt work). There was a list of food that one could eat at a fast food restaurant versus what one thought they could eat (salad versus a burger, it states go for the burger...) I dont know all the details, but for me, when I took appitite supresent pills (cannot remember the name its very popular, a cousin to Phin Phin) and no exercise, I lost a ton of weight and gained it back. Now that I exercise, I lost weight (not as much as I would like) but more in inches, people can tell, and in hopes this time it stays off! Just need to find what will work for you.
  • jemachharo
    jemachharo Posts: 144 Member
    I actually don't think the belly fat diet is a fad diet or a temporary diet, but a healthy way to eat. I've learned a lot about food and what the rights foods to eat are - healthy carbs vs processed etc. I've had great success with it (I don't follow it to a T, but have found what works for me). I feel so much better since I started eating better foods. I intend to keep eating this way. I will also continue using MFP to log my food and my exercise.
  • In response to the negative commenters - the word is not TROLL - I think PRIVATE might better describe me. I'm not in to you knowing everything about me!

It is a more specific meal plan (free, not a book, not a membership paid for), that you follow for one week. Not only did it make a difference weight wise, but measurement wise. I lost more inches as well.

I'm not saying I'll never exercise again, I will return to the gym, but lately I've just been walking.

Perhaps a better word is JEALOUS?

Here's the link for those interested. It's a menu combined with protein, healthy carbs, and healthy fats (and counts calories like MFP).
    While it might not work for everyone (that was not my intention with the post), it does work for some.

http://www.prevention.com/weight-loss/flat-belly-diet/flat-belly-diet-recipes-89