Always FREEZING since starting this diet. Anyone else?

Options
I used to always, ALWAYS be really hot no matter what I was doing. My AC was set at 70* and sometimes I would still be hot. For the last month (I've been eating better since December), I am constantly freezing. Not even just a little chilly but down right freezing and sometimes even shivering. I keep my AC around 75-78 now until my husband gets home and then I just grab a blanket and turn it back down but, even during the day when it's set higher, I'm really cold.

Could this be because of a lower sodium intake or something else generally related to not eating a bunch of crap all the time?

Note: I take vitamins daily but I'm wondering if maybe it could also be from low iron or something and maybe that I should throw an iron pill in the mix as well... but I'm really lost beyond that. I just hate being cold all the time.

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You have less insulation now. :wink:

I'm actually a lot more tolerant of cold, but I think that's because instead of only going outside to get in the car, I'm outside running and generating my own heat.
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Maybe have your thyroid checked??
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Yup, much more "cold-natured" now.
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options

I had that checked last year and it was fine. :\
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Me too! The only thing I can attribute mine to is that I work out and sweat a lot and perhaps that's how I get chilled down? I shower right after the workout and I feel warm but wow,, as soon as I'm out and dressed I'm freezing cold for 2-3 hours at least.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    yup same issue here! I had everything checked out to make sure but doc said because i am low Bf% I am going to be colder and I am ALWAYS cold! In turn always being called makes you burn more calories since your body is trying to turn up the heat to compensate!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Since I've lost all my weight, and I think significantly lowered my bf% I've become a cold person too, and I used to be just the way you used to be! Lack of insulation I think, lol
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I'm like that too. It might be stupid, but I keep thinking it's the quarts of ice water I'm drinking all day?
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm like that too. It might be stupid, but I keep thinking it's the quarts of ice water I'm drinking all day?

LOL I was also thinking that as a reason. I used to hardly ever drink water and now I'm somewhere between 9-15 glasses a day on average.

I guess it's something I'll just have to learn to live with. I'm glad I'm not alone though. I was thinking I'm crazy or something.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Same thing here. I used to sleep with the fan on all winter. Now I spoon my boston terrier for warmth. I think lack of insulation is the most logical explanation.
  • VinaAnderson
    Options
    How's your iron? Could be a sign of anemia.
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor... if it's 75-78 and you're freezing, something could really be up...I mean, that's really warm. Often people with underactive thyroids tend to be cold....
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options

I had that checked last year and it was fine. :\

I'm glad it isn't your thyroid - not a fun problem to have :(

I'd guess your being cold is most likely from having lost weight - less "insulation" :)
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    happens to me, but mostly after i eat
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Same thing here!
  • HJCsDaddy
    HJCsDaddy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, I was going to address the same thing. I am not "always freezing" but have noticed I am more susceptible to the cold now and my hands always seem to be cold. However, I do have to account for living in Montana in the winter. :)
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I used to always, ALWAYS be really hot no matter what I was doing. My AC was set at 70* and sometimes I would still be hot. For the last month (I've been eating better since December), I am constantly freezing. Not even just a little chilly but down right freezing and sometimes even shivering. I keep my AC around 75-78 now until my husband gets home and then I just grab a blanket and turn it back down but, even during the day when it's set higher, I'm really cold.

Could this be because of a lower sodium intake or something else generally related to not eating a bunch of crap all the time?

Note: I take vitamins daily but I'm wondering if maybe it could also be from low iron or something and maybe that I should throw an iron pill in the mix as well... but I'm really lost beyond that. I just hate being cold all the time.

I am just the opposite, I was always cold and now I am not. I thought my blood must be flowing better. Maybe you have lost your insulation...not a bad thing :)
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I get incredibly cold - my house would be at 65 and I would be fine, and now I am freezing!! All my levels are normal, so I attribute it to less insulation and "cure" it by a cup of sugar free hot cocoa :)
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    happens to me, but mostly after i eat

Hahaha, I get chilly after I eat as well.