Getting in shape and going through a divorce

Options
My husband of almost 8 years and I are in the middle of a separation/soon to be divorce. It's a weird situation because I have been a SAHM the entire time, so we are continuing to live together as roommates for the next 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 yrs so I can get started in school and get a decent job. I want to be able to provide more for my 3 young kids then a minimum wage job. I also have a 17 yr old adopted daughter who I have to provide for.

My 17 yr old daughter and I decided to get in shape about 2 months ago and have been doing awesome and feeling great! My soon to be ex will act supportive but he isn't really happy about it and can be pretty jealous.

I was just wondering if anyone else is trying to deal with divorce and still stay on track?

Replies

• KatieBa82
    KatieBa82 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Nobody?
  • PeekABooGirl
    PeekABooGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    <---- I am!! I'm also a SAHM with 2 little ones. But there's no way on earth we could still live together (emotionally abusive situation). I'm trying hard to get shape as well. But like you, I'll be going back to school probably in the fall (once my youngest is in kindergarten) so I'm able to support myself. It's tough dieting especially when stressed. But I'm more motivated now than ever - want to prove to myself that I can do this! Dont worry about what your soon to be ex thinks about it. You've gotta do it for YOU. If he's jealous, nobody's stopping him from getting in shape too!
  • jcnuebel
    Options
    It is very hard to stay on track while going through a divorce. I have been married for 15 years this month and he is moving out this spring. I will say that running helps reduce the stress, but I am struggling with the food. Sometimes, it's all about convenience. I work part time (3 days a week) and now have to increase my workload. I am very sad because my daughter is only 3 and now I will not be able to spend as much time with her. I was able to stay home more with my older kids. I have 8 and 10 year old boys. Good luck!!!