P90X

Options
How do I add P90X to my daily workout?

Replies

• MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    You need to manually add them. I use a HRM so I know how much I burn with each routine. You can also use circuit training as a proxy if you don't have HRM.
  • aweightymatter
    Options
    Yeah, the only way to get accurate on these, because of all the different variables like weight, rep, etc. is to use an HRM.

They honestly don't burn as many calories as you might think or as the company advertises, with the exception of maybe the plyometrics workout, which burns like 600-700. I get anything from 275 (mostly for the arm-focused workouts) to 400ish for the hour-long strength workouts.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitor is the most accurate. Before I got a HRM I used MFP to figure it. Once I got my HRM, MFP was always underestimating by at least 100 or more calories burned
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I just finished Plyo. I weight 125 and according to my HRM I burned 438 cals. I would be overestimating calories burned if I used the proxy given by beachbody.
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    MFP overestimates, I always add all of my P90X workouts on that cardio option.
  • Stina_Marie13
    Stina_Marie13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much everyone! i appreciate the help! looks like im going out to buy a HRM! :)