if youre going to use mayo ...what kind to use?

Options
Can't give up my tuna fish sandwiches. I don't like miracle whip and light mayo :( I'm not a fan. Recently I've been using a tbsp of regular and a tbsp of light ..but I feel that's tbsp of regular will be my downfall.. any suggestions on mayo substitutes that still taste like regular?

Replies

• shrdlicka23
    Options
    No help. I'm team MW all the way. :D
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I'm not hip to the mayo game. Would the olive oil reduced fat mayo be considered 'light'? If not, then this is what I use. If so.. please don't yell at me. *Bats eyes*
  • mikefarinha
    mikefarinha Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to avoid soybean oil as it isn't a really healthy oil to be eating. I've actually been making my own mayo and it has turned out really good!
  • nikkilou1978
    nikkilou1978 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Olive oil mayo is the closest I have found to regular mayo. And it is much lower calorie.
  • MoLove2025
    MoLove2025 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    No help. I'm team MW all the way. :D

NO MAYO!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I use the light Kraft with Olive oil. It just tastes really nice, especially when I make tuna or egg salad.
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I use Kraft with olive oil..... it tastes a little different at first, but you learn to love it.... I do have to say though, it was not meant to make egg salad sandwiches with lol But if you are loving tuna, it works great! :)
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    make the switch, miracle whip lite, 20 calories to mayo's 90
  • karhaz123
    Options
    I use the fat free mayo and though you said you don't like it. If you keep eating it you will become used to it and it is very comparable to the regular mayo in my opinion. Plus no guilt. What is better than that?
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I use Nalley's light Mayo, because it doesn't substitute sugar for fat and I think it tastes pretty good.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    You could always compare mayo on food facts.com I do that with alot of different foods to help me pick a healthier choice.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Duke's. The full-blown, heart-clogger mayo. The stuff with the yellow label that looks slightly yellow in the jar.

Everything else is blasphemy.

(That is, btw, *when* I use mayo, which is few and far between. But if I'm doing it, I do it right.)
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I use Hellman's light. It's the only light mayo I'll use. I'm sort of a mayo snob that way:smile:
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,955 Member
    Options
    I use the real stuff and log it; however, I only put it in the salad, then I use tomatoes, lettuce, or avocado to add moisture to the sandwich. I can't stand the taste of fake stuff -- I'd rather use less of the real thing. Tuna really needs mayo. I can use something different for almost anything else.
  • airlily
    airlily Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Definitely Best Foods mayonaise! Or, if you're on the east coast, Hellman's! Miracle Whip.... Well, let's just say it's a miracle they're still in business. It tastes like bad mayo and sugar. I don't do light; it just doesn't taste the same. Besides, one tablespoon is only 90 calories, and you're not going to use a lot for one serving of tuna.

A serving of tuna is 50, the mayo is 90, so 140 calories? That's not too bad. :D
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Mayo is about the only thing I refuse to skimp on - I use Best Foods (not the low fat version either, lol), log accurately, and enjoy every single bit of it.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Kraft Olive oil mayo.
    MUFAs!!!!!!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i use the real stuff - i tried light for a while and its just not the same. i usually buy best foods brand..every so often ill get the stuff made with olive oil. its a bit different but not bad. hubby doesnt like it as much though
  • kris472
    kris472 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    lemonaise....you can find it at health food stores like Whole Foods.
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I LOVE they mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper. It's delicious!