Workout DVDs

Options
So, about a month ago I invested in a workout DVD (I say invested but it was only $7).
The more I use it though, the more that I really like it! I never pegged myself to be the type to watch a fitness DVD over and over.
I actually bought two more DVDs today, and I am beyond excited to use one of them tonight! I plan on buying more in the future as well.

So, my question is, do you like fitness/workout DVDs, and if so what are your favorite brand/type?
The first one I bought was called "crunch" and it had three types of dance: salsa, hip-hop, and retro dance party. The two new ones I got were a Dallas cowboys cheerleader one, and another "crunch" but this one is specifically salsa.

So, lemme know what you reccomend :happy:

Replies

• Rodgers2008
    Options
    I got my first one last week...So far its kicked my butt and i like it!My favorites are Jillian Michaels!
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    ANY of Jilllian Michael's DVDs. My personal favorite is her newest one, Extreme Shed and Shred!
  • ShalisaClam
    Options
    Anything by Leslie Sansone. I just love to work out with her!!
  • EbbySoo
    EbbySoo Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    www.collagevideo.com has a ton of great ones you can pick and choose through, view first and check the reviews to see if they suit your workout needs/style at the moment. I get lots of mine off there, usually a bunch at once when they come out new so less shipping charged. Have fun, I love my DVDS!
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I love me anything Jillian Michaels!
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels DVD's also. My current fav is Ripped in 30. My friend has 30 Day Shred and it's pretty good too. I also do Yoga on DVD
  • princessleia1980
    princessleia1980 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm from uk so we have different ones. I love Davina DVDs, and I hear Tracy Anderson method is good too. I also have Jillian Michaels but she isn't my favourite.
    Good luck with them!
  • midnightwhispers
    Options
    I have 30 Day Shred and it kicks my butt, but I LOVE it because it gets great results. I also do Tae Bo. I'm going to be picking up something new to add to my routine, maybe a Biggest Loser dvd or something else by Jillian.
  • haleycreations
    haleycreations Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I own Insanity and P90X and I really love them, I have done Insanity one complete time, P90X two times and a hybrid of both once. I am now on the third round of P90X before I order the P90X2. I have friends that have ordered Turbo Fire and Hip Hop Abs if you like to dance more they say they are great, I am a closet dancer and do not really like them as much. LOL. I really love P90X since it gives me a strengh routine three times a week and cardio two times a week and then Yoga once. I have lost a total of 55 lbs since doing these programs along with a controlled diet plan to help with intake of calories along the way.
  • Hikaru001
    Options
    Wow, sounds like Jillian Michaels is a favorite. I've heard great things, so I'll definatelly have to check her out!
  • Hikaru001
    Options
    I own Insanity and P90X and I really love them, I have done Insanity one complete time, P90X two times and a hybrid of both once. I am now on the third round of P90X before I order the P90X2. I have friends that have ordered Turbo Fire and Hip Hop Abs if you like to dance more they say they are great, I am a closet dancer and do not really like them as much. LOL. I really love P90X since it gives me a strengh routine three times a week and cardio two times a week and then Yoga once. I have lost a total of 55 lbs since doing these programs along with a controlled diet plan to help with intake of calories along the way.

I always thought that P90X would be too hard, but maybe I should give it a try once?
  • Hikaru001
    Options
    www.collagevideo.com has a ton of great ones you can pick and choose through, view first and check the reviews to see if they suit your workout needs/style at the moment. I get lots of mine off there, usually a bunch at once when they come out new so less shipping charged. Have fun, I love my DVDS!

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check that out before I invest in another DVD!
  • zuege3
    Options
    I love Zumba but it is more fun to do it with a group. Leslie Sansone is great and I really like Robert Ferguson. Exercise videos are great and I look for ones that can go from a quick 15 min. routine when you don't have much time to a lengthier 45-60 minute routine.
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Wow, sounds like Jillian Michaels is a favorite. I've heard great things, so I'll definatelly have to check her out!

Definitely! i love all my Jilllian Michael's dvds, i have so many of them and each one gives me a great workout. for the past few weeks i have been rotating with six week 6 pack and killer buns and thighs and i love them both. I originally started out with 30 day shred.
  • Josyurtos23
    Josyurtos23 Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check that out before I invest in another DVD!

Hi, i am doing dvd's now because i refuse to spend anymore money at the gym. (i was a member at bally's and i hated it). what i like about dvd's is you can do them anytime of day in the crappiest clothes and dont have to worry about running into someone when your all sweaty, then jump into your own clean shower. I try to do them straight after work. its a struggle but im trying to do something.

I also bought a few from collagevideo. when i did go to the gym i liked the classes so i found step aerobic videos from Cathe and Amy Bento that almost mimicked the classes at the gym. in the future i plan on getting some strength training and pilates.

regards,
    j
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    one of my favorites is from walmart/target... cardio bellydance... off the dance off the pounds series... i've checked out a few of the others, and don't enjoy them as much, but the bellydance one is fun... my weight loss journey got started in earnest with TurboJam...and i really love anything Chalene Johnson puts out there...she is very fun and motivational! Turbofire and ChaLEAN extreme are the two others of hers i have... leslie sansone's walking dvds... Zumba... :)
  • shereecortijo
    Options
    i have Zumba workout dvds...when i bought them they were kind of expensive?? but i love them only thing i could really stick too or want to do .
  • Tinkerbsb
    Tinkerbsb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Anything by Jillian Michaels and anything danced based
  • wilkin_rebecca
    wilkin_rebecca Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i started my dvd workout with leslie sansone walk away the pounds, than i found biggest loser 2 the workout loved it. Now i do the biggest loser power sculpt and i love it, im currently doing it 5 days a week, its a great workout and burn.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I like Tracy Anderson DVD's. Also there is a MTV Mix Pilates one that kicks my butt every time. Several months back I bought long resistance bands by Golds Gym and they came with an awesome DVD. My library has a great selection so I often check them out there...keeps me from getting bored. I am not a Jillian fan but her videos do work!