Workout DVDs

Options

Replies

• Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I like the 10 minute solutions series. Especially Jennifer Galardi. They stream on Netflix.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I'm hooked on Zumba! But I see that Wal-mart carries a "Latin Dance Party" DVD set that sounds really similar and is about $20 cheaper than the 4 DVD Zumba set. I guess if there's dancing involved, I'm down for it!
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    www.collagevideo.com has a ton of great ones you can pick and choose through, view first and check the reviews to see if they suit your workout needs/style at the moment. I get lots of mine off there, usually a bunch at once when they come out new so less shipping charged. Have fun, I love my DVDS!
    This.
  • wolfensbaby
    Options
    I bought like 15 different ones. My favorite are zumba. IT's a little pricey, but so worth it. It's a party from begging to end.
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels.
    If you want to start her videos I would reccomend them in this order:
    30 day shred
    Ripped in 30
    then alternate 6 week 6 pack with either 30 day shred or ripped in 30
    Then alternate Killer buns and thighs with the 30 day shred or ripped in 30(whatever one you didn't do with the abs video)
    I would do them for about a month in that order...
    Then you can do Extreme Shed and Shred for a few weeks

Then you can mix them all up to work every part of your body. For example this is what I have been doing:
    Mon. Wed. Fri. Extreme Shed and Shred
    Tues: 6week 6 pack
    Thurs Killer buns and thighs
    Plus I do extra strength on tues and thurs and I run on Mon. wed. fri.

I also really like the Biggest loser videos. I've only done two of them: Last Chance workout and Extreme Calorie Knockout!
  • ashleyjacobson
    Options
    I just ordered INSANITY and I am totally excited to start! I can't wait to get it.Will let you know how I like it once I get started.
  • ChristineW82
    ChristineW82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have a few Leslie Sansone & I'm waiting for my Zumba DVDs. Excited about those!
  • INSANITY43
    Options
    Currently doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred...started level two today. Great addition of weights for me. I'm also doing TurboFire which I love...am not doing it according to the "schedule" I just do one of her workouts to fit into my schedule. I have completed the INSANITY 60 day program and love those workouts, but my daughter took Sean T to college with her :-) I started excercising with leslis Sansone ... 4 Fast Miles! And I Zumba II on the Wii for fun....
  • CaptainSwab
    Options
    My favorites right now are Jillian michaels shredding it with weights and ripped in 30.

I also like Jackie Warner's personal training DVD.

I may look into some of those dance based ones you mentioned. I really love dance based exercise too I use the just dance games on the wii for that currently.
  • ashreneeknutson
    Options
    I love Skinny B*tch Fitness Boot camp. :)
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 by far my favorite...so far!! :)
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    I own Insanity and P90X and I really love them, I have done Insanity one complete time, P90X two times and a hybrid of both once. I am now on the third round of P90X before I order the P90X2. I have friends that have ordered Turbo Fire and Hip Hop Abs if you like to dance more they say they are great, I am a closet dancer and do not really like them as much. LOL. I really love P90X since it gives me a strengh routine three times a week and cardio two times a week and then Yoga once. I have lost a total of 55 lbs since doing these programs along with a controlled diet plan to help with intake of calories along the way.

I always thought that P90X would be too hard, but maybe I should give it a try once?

from what I have "heard" a lot of the p90x moves are similar to the Jillian Michaels videos.....a lot lower intensity I'm sure so maybe start with JM and then move up. I just got the p90x videos after 6 months of using JM. Planning on starting p90x on March 1st.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I scored a used DVD from the Slim in 6 series. This one is called Slim and Limber. It is a14 minute stretching session, and I love it.

I also bought all the new Jane Fonda DVDs, as I needed something more aligned with my fitness level.

Certain instructors drive me batty, so I've learned who to stay away from. Netflix and library have good options if you want to try before you buy.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I finished 30DS and I am now in week 3 of Ripped in 30, all by JM. But honestly, I don't like working out with DVDs too much. I prefer to go to the gym work with weights and other equipments, or take my fitness classes; I feel and work better, and I have motivation in a more fitness oriented atmosphere.

But the DVDs allow me to do routines that I can't do by myself at the gym, so I push PLAY three or four times a week, grind my teeth, and just do it!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've done besides videos is running.

Anything Biggest Loser
    Any Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, ChaLean Extreme
    Most Jillian Michaels
    Started with Walk Away the Pounds
    Cindy Crawford Next Challenge Workout
    anything Gilad
    Anything Cathe Freidrich (sp?)
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,013 Member
    Options
    Anything by Leslie Sansone. I just love to work out with her!!

Me, too! When I can't get to the gym, I love having something I can do late at night, when the weather is bad, or when I just can't get away.
  • Laney25
    Options
    I really like the P90 dvds. Original not P90X.

Also Tae Bo (although I haven't done this one in quite a while), and Zumba II on wii.
  • shellgirl144
    Options
    I use Chris Freytag's 10 lb Slimdown Xtreme. There are 11 different workouts and 2 short bonus workouts. Chris provides a 28 day workout plan and everyday is different. She is totally awesome and is the only one who has been able to keep me from getting bored with the workouts. I absolutely cannot say enough good things about Chris's style or her workouts.
  • Lilith8984
    Lilith8984 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I really like Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred...I am planning on starting that in March...Other then that I enjoyed the Biggest Loser workouts. I actually think I am going to rent a few on my Netflix account to try out a few different ones, then I can go buy the ones I like.
  • twotrac
    Options
    I Like the Max T3 workout, Its only 14 minutes. Its based off the max interval training method used by insanity. Im just not sure how to log it in the exercise section.