Sports Bra Question???

Options

Replies

• Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Try Walmart. You can get a 3pack for like 10 bucks. I personally wear all three because I'm a 40GGG. They also have some sturdy ones, not really sure of the name, but it their main brand. It fits really good and there is less comotion going on inside of my shirt! I usually wear one of those along with another less sturdy one.

Either way, you cannot go wrong at Walmart!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort bras are great.
  • JackieLM
    JackieLM Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    So I started 30 Day Shred today and my double-d milk filled (yup, nursing mom) heavy ta-tas were just about to slap me in the face. It hurt. I've never bought a sports bra as I've typically have done things like walking or low-impact aerobics for exercise. What do I need to look for? Also, it needs to be fairly reasonable. I was an English major (aka doomed to eternal poverty) and can't afford to drop a bunch of money on something that I will only wear for a few months (the goal is to loose weight and buy new clothes). Any suggestions?

Not sure if anyone suggested this yet but I am (was) a DD and nursing (have stopped since) but what I have always done... and still do.... is wear a normal sports bra from like Target, then one of those very fitted sports tops (that also have a support system) over it. It keeps me very well immobilized. hahaha! I bought both of those at Target. 15 ish for the bra, 20 for the "top".
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    get one sized by cup size, not just small, m, large. Those dont support!

I suggest Champion.
  • libragj
    Options
    Someone already said Champion makes a good bra and I agree. You will need one specifically for running because it will keep your boobs from moving at all and separates them so you look good too. It is the best athletic bra I've ever owned. Mine was around $50.00 at Sports Authority. (Champion Double Dry)
  • debrarun
    debrarun Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Asda do a pack of 2 for £7 which is good value and they are ok...
    hope that helps
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I am also a DD and I have to wear 2 bras - my regular bra and then a sports bra. I have come to LOVE the Under Armour sport bras. They can be a little pricey, but I was able to find one on clearance for about $17. they have the double criss cross back so I feel that they support me really well. Good luck!

I agree on wearing regular bra and sports bra. I am a 36G and I buy Enell sports bras. I still wear 2 bras. It is warmer especially when I do 5k races but together they prevent most of the BOUNCING. I usually get my sports bras in barenecessities.com
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Double D here too. I tend to use two bras, to be honest. I wear a regular cup, with a sports bra over it. Sounds weird but it seems to work :)

I do the same thing! haha...but yes Id really love a better sports bra
  • madyncaden
    madyncaden Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    i bought hanes sport bras, a 3 pack at walmart for aroud 10-12 bucks..........i wear two of them together and it works well. I started this when i was nursing my baby boy and it worked. might not be the best of the best in the world of sports, but they cradled my ta-tas well and they didnt hurt......good luck!
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm a double D as well and Unfortunately I had to spend out some ka-ching! to find a good one that fits right. Try lululemon.com because they have great selection - you can shop by bra size - but pricey. I'm not sure where you live but I recently tried on (but didn't purchase) a sports bra I found at Walmart. Its a Danskin brand - it comes S/M/L but has side adjustable hooks and its a t-back which in my opinion is a must! I really liked and thinking of going back to get it. Or I double up if I know the workout will be alot of bouncing up & down.
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    On runningworld.com they have an article on sports bras http://www.runnersworld.com/cda/microsite/article/0,8029,s6-238-275-0-12823-0,00.html . One thing you might want to do is buy that belly band http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/Product.asp?SKU=17022121 . A woman at work uses that over her sports bras when she does a workout requiring jumping. The belly band is some gimick that people buy to reduce waist size and it goes tight around the waist. After hearing she puts it up there and loves it, I'm tempted to buy one too since it is less than cost of a bunch of new sports bras and she hasn't seen a decrease in her size after a year of using it to supplement her sports bras (has seen a decrease in weight of course but not inproportionate). Hope that helps.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    The cost range of an Enell sports bra $48-$60.
  • rgustin
    rgustin Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great info. Thanks for sharing.
  • Single_Ma
    Options
    A few of my top heavy friends and I wear Moving Comfort sports bras. They are kinda of pricey but can be found on sale for about $20-$25. I love them because they hold my girls firmly in place when running, the shoulder strap is adjustable, and I love that it snaps in the back like a regular bra. By the way, I hate pulling a sweaty bra over my head, as require by some standard sports bras. Oh, and here's a good article from about.com that lists the best sports bras for plus size women.

http://exercise.about.com/od/exerciseapparel/tp/Best-sports-bras-for-full-figures.htm
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Double D here too. I tend to use two bras, to be honest. I wear a regular cup, with a sports bra over it. Sounds weird but it seems to work :)
    Triple D here - I do this also. I wear a cup bra, very tight and then a sports bra a size smaller over it. It definitely helps. :)
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Sports bras that hook in the front work great for me. I hate having to pull one over my head or anything like that.
  • dida0721
    dida0721 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I got mine at WalMart. I think they are made by Hanes or something like that. I love them.
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Going to be looking for a sports bra tomorrow, so bumping to save it so I can peruse the recommended brands when I get home tonight. :bigsmile:
  • ajevans2674
    ajevans2674 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have at least 15 sports bras - I'm a runner, and love intense cardio! My absolute favorite sports bra (I've tried a lot) are the champion ones at target (C9 seemless racerback). They're often on sale, so it's always good to stock up then. They should feel snug, but not chafe or hurt. On the plus side, they come in tons of fun colors!

Side note: I'm barely a B cup, so I'm not sure how the sizing works with this bra...