Body By Vi is a crazy cult! Mini rant

Preface: Yes ‘real’ food is better and protein shakes are cheaper but I was curious since Body By Vi is 1/3 the price of Shakeology.

Anyway, there are tonnes of people on Craigs List & Kijji selling and I thought great! I can get someone to sell for <$49 retail price and avoid shipping. Instead, I get a bunch of crack-pot emails telling me about shake parties and their success and regurgitated speeches of “so glad you have decided to change your life!...”

I said I have money, you said you have the product – supply and demand but instead they are just crack-pots looking to earn product for free by referring 3 people. Why would I, a stranger help YOU if you won’t give me a price, any price at this point let a lone a deal, BAH! Why can’t people just sell what they promised they have?

Anyhoo, I added the addendum to my posting to tell sellers you MUST specify where in Toronto you can meet and your purchase price other than that, don’t contact me! It seems weird that this product/company won’t tell you shipping prices online and individuals won’t tell you the selling price instead they want to share success stories. I already decided to believe you and buy the product, why would hearing more about others success help you, money in hand you odd little buggers!

Thanks for indulging me – this is actually my FIRST rant and I have almost 3000 posts!!

Replies

• KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 959 Member
    ... which is why I report each and every post on here that's pitching "Body By Vi" as being spam/advertising. They're not interested in helping you, or in selling you product, they're just recruiting people so they can get their own products for free.

Don't get me wrong - network marketing is a legitimate business model and so is referral marketing. But be up front about it.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    ... which is why I report each and every post on here that's pitching "Body By Vi" as being spam/advertising. They're not interested in helping you, or in selling you product, they're just recruiting people so they can get their own products for free.

Don't get me wrong - network marketing is a legitimate business model and so is referral marketing. But be up front about it.

Ah that explains it! I actually commented on a response the other day to a thread about someone wanting to try it asking for people who had success with it and they told the OP the thread was not allowed - sales. I didn't see how it was sales and responded by comparing it to people talking about 30DS, if talking about something you loved on MFP was a "crime" there would be nothing to talk about but now that I have encountered these crazy people, whomever made that comment (perhaps it was you, lol!) was RIGHT! wow...
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 959 Member
    What annoys me is people who try to post it as "helpful advice"... then you look at their previous posts and see that they're all the same thing, posted in all sorts of topics.

Maybe I recognize it because I've been in network marketing and did training calls about how to do that kind of thing. LOL I never did, it just felt dirty.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,226 Member
    i'm in body by vi but i only get into it because of a friend. you know, just so not to hurt their feelings and not to disappoint them. but i did it only once. then that's it,
    for now i prefer the whole foods. I notice that watching what you eat and workout works the best.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    i bought a bag from a friend who is on their monthly plan. I didn't want to be caught up in the crazyness she was not able to drink it as fast as they send it, I haven't even finished half of it, It is very thick and sweet! No different then any other protein shake
  • Shipping in the US is around $10 for 1 bag, the least than can sell one bag for is $45, and the lowest kit (1bag) is $49, the difference is the flavor mixins you get with the kit. To be eligible to win the challenge or get products for free customers need to order through Body by Vi and be on a kit, if someone isn't interested in winning, then they can just get a bag through a rep. I have done that for a few people, so you should be able to have someone close to you do the same and save on the shipping. Someone should help you, I would if I lived around Toronto.
  • megggsss
    megggsss Posts: 72 Member
    Shipping by Canada Ground is $17... For two bags.