Options

Replies

• Hab1978
    Hab1978 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump....planning on bra shopping this week-end! :smile:
  • ShellyBrew
    Options
    I can't find a name brand sports bra for the life of me that fits my big girl boobies (46DD or 46DDD). Most name brand sports bras don't go up to my band size.

Belive it or not I found Old Navy has one sports bra in the plus section that is awesome. It used to come in black only but I just looked it up and they finally have different colors. I think I get the 2X so it fits snug and I wear it over my regular everyday bra and get awesome support. It is only $25

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=78092&vid=8&pid=814660&scid=814660002

Good Luck!
  • runnermel
    Options
    awe....sad to see that you think you only need a sports bra for two months! hope you will keep up with the tougher workouts even after weight is off. your body needs it all the time! hopefully, you just mean that you will need a smaller size!!!
  • ltinsley52974
    Options
    I don't like the girls to move at all. Hurts my chest. I just bought a great bra over the weekend. It has a underwire. I run a lot and always wore 2 bra, which is very uncomfortable. This bra is a bit expensive for a sports bra but well worth the money. You can even get it in a Double D.

Moving Comfort Maia Sports Bra - $46

http://www.scheelssports.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10101&productId=88802&categoryId=117168
  • joeykat16
    joeykat16 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Double D here too. I tend to use two bras, to be honest. I wear a regular cup, with a sports bra over it. Sounds weird but it seems to work :)

I do this as well... It works great for me!
  • agottula
    agottula Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes, I also say Champion. They are relatively inexpensive when you buy online. They even have a clearance section. Look for good coverage and high impact :) The seamless ones at Target are nice, but they aren't going to have enough support for you unfortunately.
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I get mine at Walmart.. Danskin always works best for me
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Whether or not you think you can afford it, an Enell is the ONLY way to go. I'm a Gcup (sometimes pushing GG). Exercise without my Enell is unrealistic. The comfort and support of this bra beat that of any other sports bra I've ever worn. I can do jumping jacks til my arms fall off and my ladies lumps are perfectly fine.
  • jennylsapia
    jennylsapia Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Double D here too. I tend to use two bras, to be honest. I wear a regular cup, with a sports bra over it. Sounds weird but it seems to work :)

That's what I do too.....because I have yet to find a sports bra that even though they swear will hold them that actually does....So I find the normal run of the mill sports bra over your regular bra works wonders!
  • janorris82
    Options
    I too am a nursing mom, with Double D's! I HAVE found the best bra out there!! It's from Title Nine Company, it's pricey, but sooo worth it! It's called "The Last Resort Bra" .....lol the name is so fitting! But I highly recommend it!:happy:
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Most brands have several different levels of support to chose from. I have some sports bras for low impact activities with moderate support, and some for high impact activities that really hold the ladies firmly. Whatever brand you get make sure it's a "compression style" sport bra they squeeze you in tight so you don't bounce. It's not the most flattering bra because it holds you in, but they defiantly support my DD ladies. I use Nike I got mine @ marshal's & TJMAX for $10-15.
  • fragilegoat
    fragilegoat Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I went through a couple MFP threads a few days ago, because I have the same problem!
    Here are the ones that were frequently mentioned/recommended:

- Moving Comfort: Fiona, Maia,
    - Impact Free
    - Panache Sports Bra
    - Enell - also recommended by Oprah (if that has any impact on your decision, ha)
    - Lululemon Tata Tamer
    - Shock Absorber - appears to be a UK company $69USD on zappos
    - Under Armour Women's Endure High-Impact Sports Bra
    - Champion
    - Title Nine: The Last Resort

I'm currently using a Champion one that I actually really like, but reviews all say that there's a plastic thing that breaks easily. I'm picking up new ones ASAP! Probably going to try the Moving Comfort ones as they're the most affordable and seem to be recommended often. HTH!
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Good thread! Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions. I can already see my bank account depleting. <SMILE>

Kristine
  • fragilegoat
    fragilegoat Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Also, as larger chested ladies, don't you guys have to pick up expensive everyday bras too?
    Sweat's really hard on bras. Do you wear out your bras any faster?
    I've always just stuck to sports bras cuz my everyday bras are even pricier than the dedicated large-chested sports bras.
  • bdwier
    bdwier Posts: 13
    Options
    I had the same question and was surprised to learn that all my friends knew this secret and I didn't... Even my guy friends haha.. But I now wear 2 sports bras and I don't move AT ALL!!! One is a champion compresion sports bra and the other I got from avon and it has adjustable straps and hooks in the back so it's just like a regular bra.. I love the combination!!
  • michelegshields
    Options
    Ok believe it or not but I wear two bras it works! My daugher is a cheerleader..thats what they do at practice..She told me about it and it works wayyyy better than a sports bra to me..Or you can wear your regular bra under the sports bra. I'm and 40D so I understand your pain LOL
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Target carries the Champion line. There are two or three options for under $20. I like the racerback style. The tank style just doesn't have enough support.
  • Michelle_Nicole
    Michelle_Nicole Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I get shock absorber sports bras from Victoria's Secret, they arent too expensive and they explain on the tag what they are for. They have them made for people doing low impact yoga or pilates and some for high impact running and weight training! I have DD's and with these sports bras they dont move an inch!
  • mzjandiace
    Options
    So I started 30 Day Shred today and my double-d milk filled (yup, nursing mom) heavy ta-tas were just about to slap me in the face. It hurt. I've never bought a sports bra as I've typically have done things like walking or low-impact aerobics for exercise. What do I need to look for? Also, it needs to be fairly reasonable. I was an English major (aka doomed to eternal poverty) and can't afford to drop a bunch of money on something that I will only wear for a few months (the goal is to loose weight and buy new clothes). Any suggestions?

Not sure if anyone suggested this yet but I am (was) a DD and nursing (have stopped since) but what I have always done... and still do.... is wear a normal sports bra from like Target, then one of those very fitted sports tops (that also have a support system) over it. It keeps me very well immobilized. hahaha! I bought both of those at Target. 15 ish for the bra, 20 for the "top".

Yep, I'm just a big girl all around and I got mine from Target, and it absorbs the sweat! Love it!
  • KemaVA
    KemaVA Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Now I dont feel alone! I'm a D (going to a C because they are the first to go) but when I run I want to feel like a boy. lol! I wear a regular bra and then put on a tight fitting high impact sports bra. The regular bra protects my boobies from being overly smushed.

Oh and the sport bra I use is Gold's gym... but I bought it from Marshalls.