Just finished my first week.........and I am.......

Options
sooooooo happy to have found this website! For whatever reasons, I have resisted counting calories for years. I have tried every diet out there that didn't involve calorie counting. Of course none of them worked........because I was always able to manipulate the data LOL. I LOVE counting calories!! What freedom! And I KNOW I have found what will work. I know what to eat. I know what is healthy or not. I know what is right for me........but I need parameters and that is exactly what counting calories gives me. And all the support on here is fantastic. Every single question I have is answered here somewhere :) I look forward to meeting all of you and receiving and giving support here. Thank you for being here!! Dyanna
p.s. I am down 7.5 lbs my first week! Wahooooo

Replies

• filthyassbassdrop
    Options
    it really does work...i was skeptical at first but now im totally addicted to this site...it's my new facebook.....and everyday i challenge myself to do better than i did before....welcome,you made a wise choice
  • Sexynvoluptuous
    Options
    congrats to you! absolutely amazing!!
  • Mrsmako
    Options
    Well done thats a great loss!

Its a great tool in weight loss and I love it too!

Keep up the good work babe :) x
  • mandiemma
    mandiemma Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It really is an awesome place! :-)
  • timeformetofly
    timeformetofly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That is great.. I sent you a friends request!!!!!
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE !!!!!! I've tried loads of diets too this site helped me lose 3 stone, I left and put half of it back on, so I'm back here to lose what I've put back on and then a bit more.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I knew calorie counting worked, lost 20 pnds a couple years ago doing it. Then I stopped and gained 40! Doing this again and in it for the long haul!
  • MzzAisha
    MzzAisha Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    it really does work...i was skeptical at first but now im totally addicted to this site...it's my new facebook.....and everyday i challenge myself to do better than i did before....welcome,you made a wise choice

Yes, its my new facebook too!! LOL.
  • rdsxgrl28
    rdsxgrl28 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I am encouraged, just started and would love 1/2 that in my first week.
  • sassygamma
    sassygamma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    great job, you will do this!!!!
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    awesome! i have counted cals before but couldnt believe how much easier it is now with MFP!

Great job!
  • Bluescat1
    Bluescat1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this for 15 days now, an lost 18 pounds, i'm having a great time doing it too.
    I put the app on my iPhone, and now I'm addicted. I have it on my iPad and PC too so now I have no excuse to NOT count the calories.
  • Alissa_RN
    Alissa_RN Posts: 14 Member
    Options

It really is the new facebook, but in a healthier more supportive way. Way cool...
  • pandsmomCheryl
    pandsmomCheryl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Great first week - congrats to you....! :-)
  • Julesbriff
    Julesbriff Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 1st week!! I am in the middle of my 1st week and am finding this site amazing and love that I know exactly what I can and cannot eat before I indulge by planning my food for the day in advance. Feel free to add me as a friend then we can encourage each other. Good luck for the future xx
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!! Great group here and I've sent a friend request to you =)

Jen
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I was the same way. I whined, I moaned and complained...counting calories was too hard, too much work, too restrictive, blah blah blah. I guess I was just waiting for the fat to melt off me and run away like the adipose on Doctor Who :laugh:
    317a51e.jpg
  • Duckz1
    Duckz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I've calorie counted before, but having the social structure and support on MFP is AWESOME! I dropped 6.5 lbs my first week and now that I'm in my 2nd I've hit a plateau - the scale hasn't budged in 4 days. And I'm not cheating at ALL! So expect that and just keep plugging along. You're doing great!
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    soooooo wonderful to hear from so many of you so quickly. I do not have a lot of time to spend on here.......but am definitely addicted LOL. So will try to be a support to you all too........my new friends :) I am so happy you responded to me and I am definitely looking forward to getting to know you all better and supporting each other to our goals and our exciting new lives!! As soon as I figure out how to request friends......I will do so. And to those of you who requested me........thank you!
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I was the same way. I whined, I moaned and complained...counting calories was too hard, too much work, too restrictive, blah blah blah. I guess I was just waiting for the fat to melt off me and run away like the adipose on Doctor Who :laugh:
    317a51e.jpg