Tightening Stomach

I ride my bike 6 days a week for 45 min to 1 1/4 hours. This is great to burn calories but has not tightend my stomach at all. Has anyone had experience with free weights to work on the stomach? i do not like crunches and stay away from machines. Any ideas?

Replies

• dvano
    dvano Posts: 2
    I ride my bike 6 days a week for 45 min to 1 1/4 hours. This is great to burn calories but has not tightend my stomach at all. Has anyone had experience with free weights to work on the stomach? i do not like crunches and stay away from machines. Any ideas?
  • lashonda
    lashonda Posts: 32 Member
    I Love Tae Bo. There are several differant tapes and when I was doing it on a regular basis it did wonders for my abs. I cant wait for my asthma to get better so I can pull out the Tae Bo DVDs.
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    I do my situps on a balance ball and it helps reduce the strain on my lower back and hips. There are a lot of yoga positions that are good for abs.
  • try hip hop abs. its a new workout video just for your stomach. it gives you your cardio for the day as well. its fun and it works.
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    In one of the classes I have taken at the gym , we use free weights by standing with your feet a little wider than shoulder width with a dumbbell in each hand. You tip from side to side and use your oblique muscles to pull you back upright each time. If I use pretty heavy dumbells, I do feel it. Just be sure to be careful of your alignment so you don't tweak your back.
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    taebo and hip hop abs are good. i just got the bean and it makes crunches easy on your neck so you can concentrate on the burn in your abs. i see results the day after my workout.
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    What is the bean??? (Sorry, it made me laugh, that was my dog's ncikname growing up because her name was Koko-Bean!!!)