For those that workout at with DVD's...

For those that workout at home with DVD's...just curious how often do you change up your routine/DVD?

Maybe you can show me what your weekly or monthly workout plans are like.

Right now I do the same cardio/interval routine like 30DS or any Biggest Loser workout for 4 days then on Friday I like to do Pilates.

TIA!

Replies

• medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    I started out this year doing NMTZ and Ab ripper x 5 times a week and got bored after about a month so now im doing Ab ripper x with Killer buns level 3 four times a week and until this week I did Ripped level 3 two times a week but I changed it to Ripped level 1 today and my plan is to stick with this plan for at least two more weeks before changing it up. I think Ill stick with Ripped level 1 for a while, its been over four months since I did it last and the dumbells I use now are a lot heavier so its still hard to do. It depends so much on wich dvd Im doing at the moment but at least two weeks,2 or more times a week, just so I see some progression a long the way.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    I change them around often. More recently I've been going to zumba 3 days a week as thats when my school offers it. So when they don't have it I workout at home. Usually one day will be dedicated to arms, one for legs. Zumba mixes in abs so I don't focus on them. So one of those days I will do jillian's killer buns and thighs, then piloxing express toning, then pilates or regular piloxing. I make sure it's always got some cardio and some days add in focus of a muscle group.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    then if a dvd gets too easy try adding more weight like weighted gloves, ankle weights or heavier hand weights.
  • sbeisel1
    sbeisel1 Posts: 181
    I have recently discovered the local used bookstores sell dvd's and many are workout dvd's a cheap way to find a new workout.
  • I stick with a program for about 3 months, then change it up. My two favorites are Turbo Fire and ChaLean Extreme.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    I change them up about once a month. Right now I'm using Jackie Warner's Power Circuit Training, Jillian Michael's Banish Fat Boot Metabolism, The Firm Calorie Explosion and an elliptical two or three times a week.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    I have been working through Jillians programs 5 days a week and then adding on a second and longer Jillian DVD 3 of those days. I did RI30 first and now I'm working through 30DS (on day 9 today). On my 2 workout days my favorite to do is No More Trouble Zones but I'll switch it up with Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism, and Extreme Shed and Shred. I'm also going to start adding in 6 week 6 pack. One day a week I hit the gym for an hour with my husband and ride the exercise bike.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    The only DVD's I use are Zumba. I use them for a 45 - 60 min workout 3-5 times per week. I have the Exhilarate set and the set before that, so I think there are a total of ten workouts of varying length. I mix them up according to my mood.

I do other exercises as well but that's all for DVDs.
  • I use the 8 minute Jump Snaps. Will kick your butt! 5 days a week. Check out the website, I got mine on eBay!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    I change my "routines" monthly-otherwise it becomes less effective

right now I am doing Level 2 & 3 (back-to-back) of 30 day shred and alternate every other day with 6 Week 6 Pack. I workout 6 days a week and also run 6 miles daily.
  • trinitylyons01
    trinitylyons01 Posts: 126 Member
    I actually do a Firm Express routine where there is a different DVD for every workout for a 4 week period. There are 3 different dvd's for every week so my Monday, Wednesday and Friday workouts are always different. After a month you start over with the first DVD. On the rest of the days I do a Zumba DVD workout but they come with multiple DVD's so I mix them up also so I never do the same one back to back.
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Right now I'm doing 30 day Shred 6 days a week. Once I finish next week I plan to do a yoga dvd for 6 days as a recovery, then on to Ripped in 30 at the same 6 days/week for 4 weeks.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    I used to mix and match as long as I was doing cardio 3 days and strength 3 days, but it was getting too hard to choose, so I started picking one program and doing that for 4 weeks at a time (unless the program itself is longer). Did Turbo Jam last month, doing Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 for 2 more weeks after tomorrow, then I'm starting the Butt Bible which is 4x/wk for 6 weeks. I'll probably do something from Turbo Jam and Burlesque by Jazzercise the other 2 days. I was surprised at how much fun Jazzercise was! I haven't planned out anything past that yet. :smile:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    I do the videos however they say to. So the 30 day shred I did every day for 30 days. P90X I did for 90 days 6 days a week with sundays off. If I am between videos I will just choose a different video to do in addition to my treadmill.o