Muscle building ladies men?

Options
Hey I have just begun a weights programme and am tryng to majorly tone up, get stronger and build muscle! Any gals or guys out there also doiong weights etc? :smile:

Replies

• suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i find lifting weights to be much more stimulating than just doing cardio alone, and you'll see results quicker. you may not lose much weight, but the size and shape of your body will change. i've only lost a few pounds since i've started lifting, but i've gone down in clothing size and i find my figure to be much more pleasing. i also feel more strong and confident.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Starting StrongLifts 5x5 here.
  • bored4long
    bored4long Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love the "pumped" feeling one gets from lifting weights. No amount of cardio can come close to matching that pumped feeling I get from lifting. I just started P90X and I love the pump I get from the lift days.
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through stage 3 of New Rules of Lifting for Women. I love it!
  • mdreffs
    mdreffs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love weights! More fun than cardio!!
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I lift three days a week and do cardio 4-6 times a week. I just started the weights 4 weeks ago and already see huge improvements.
  • recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Used to be in great shape, then took a 9 year break. That worked well. Now I'm trying to get back there. Heavy weights 4 days a week with cardio and abs the other 3. A little cardio after each weight session as well. Can't wait for July.
  • sportsforfun
    Options
    Lift 5 days a week, currently working on my bulk stage and adding strength as well as size.
  • jdavison91
    Options
    I am currently in week 3 of the Starting Strength program. 3 days a week of heavy lifting.
  • cassblue21
    Options
    I am using the Sculpting Her Body Perfect third edition for my weight lifting. It was $3 on amazon :) and I have seen major results and it has helped with my cardio endurance as well. :)
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I try to do weight training at least twice a week. After I run my marathon on 3/4 I'm going to try to do the Supreme 90 program since I've had the DVD's for over about a year now, maybe even try p90X at some point too.
  • jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Just finished my second week of Stronglifts 5x5 and I'm loving it!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    *raises hand*
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I lift weights thrice/week and sometimes do a 30 minute walk/jog cardio on the same day afterwards. only recently started lifting though and still have some fat to burn before I begin to see definition but I enjoy it!
  • ambersulli01
    Options
    i find lifting weights to be much more stimulating than just doing cardio alone, and you'll see results quicker. you may not lose much weight, but the size and shape of your body will change. i've only lost a few pounds since i've started lifting, but i've gone down in clothing size and i find my figure to be much more pleasing. i also feel more strong and confident.

You don't know how much better this makes me feel. I have been using the Nike Fitness Challenge App for 2 weeks and I have been totally busting my butt (5 days a week). Every day when I finish I think, "there is NO way I won't lose weight using this app." I weighed in today... I lost a measly 0.7lbs - I was in tears. Everything is looser, I feel better, but that scale is barely moving. It's extremely frustrating to say the least. Especially, since I have a LONG way to go to even meet my first goal (yes, there will be more weight to lose after that)!

I now wish I had take the advice of many friends and measured my body. I feel like I wouldn't feel so unsatisfied if I had those inches lost on paper... :-(
  • D8tedMusik
    D8tedMusik Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm into heavy weights and toning. Difficult but doable with enough protein, eating clean, and adding cardio at the right time!
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    One week left of Supreme 90, then on to Chalene Xtreme, then New Rules after that. Love lifting!
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    me me me

I love lifting more than cardio.. infact so much so if i had not found my place in the weight room i would probably given up trying to lose weight, i hate cardio so much
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    So from your title you are ladies and we are not gents. Hmmmmmm.
    I may be wrong though. "ladies men" you maybe try to address to trannies.:laugh:
    Kidding here.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I started with New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women but switched to my own thing after stage one. I've been eating at a surplus for 4 months in an effort to gain muscles. So far I've gained 10lbs. Right now I'm transitioning from bulking to cutting.