Protein bars

Options
2»

Replies

• Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    Oh I forgot about the Clif Builders bars I love those but at 20g sugars its just asking for trouble!

Never tried Luna bars! what flavour you recommend?

My favorite is the white chocolate macadamia nut. mmmhm.
  • msjessae
    Options
    I LOVE Herbalife Protein Bars!
    I believe they're the lowest in Sodium (Sodium is a villain in Water Retention) and only like 140 calories, 10g protein, and contains other vits :D They help with my energy and cravings
  • nefrettdo
    Options
    The Luna peppermint stick and lemon zest are my favorites. Haven't tried a lot of others. For the person who said they make their own, how do you make them?
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Love Pure Protein bars. I can find them anywhere and they are pretty inexpensive. They also have a few different bars to try (I've found them single at Walmart & Walgreens) so I'm trying them all. The website has a coupon good for any of their products. Here's a link if you want to print: http://www.pureprotein.net/
  • jeannine71
    jeannine71 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I like Luna - Nutz over Chocolate = yum and recently had the Clif Mojo Macademia nut/white chocolate = sweet & salty super yum! Muscle Milk Light Chocolate Caramel (I think) wasn't bad - just don't get the vanilla toffee crunch - it's so gross!! I tried it today and really wish I hadn't! Pria bars are really good too, if you can find them. I try to stay under 200 calories with these :)
  • davidproudlock
    Options
    I've just tried PHD's diet whey cookie offering. Pretty tasty, 25g protein, under 200 calories. I personally think it tasted better than the Promax Diet.
  • pennysmom1
    pennysmom1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Love Pure Protein bars. I can find them anywhere and they are pretty inexpensive. They also have a few different bars to try (I've found them single at Walmart & Walgreens) so I'm trying them all. The website has a coupon good for any of their products. Here's a link if you want to print: http://www.pureprotein.net/

Target has them for really cheap + right now they have a $2 off coupon available on the Target website. Pure Protein is one of my favorite brands too -- under 200 calories and usually 18-20 grams of protein. For the amount of protein & nutrition you're getting, they taste pretty good! (anything I've found that tastes *better* usually has too much sugar & too little protein for my needs)

Also like the Ansi Ultimate Flurry Bars (I'd say they're pretty comparable to Pure Protein in terms of nutrition vs taste). I've only found them at Walgreens (3 for $5).
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I love the quest bars. I just ordered another set Woohoo!

I need to find an online retailer that sells them. I pay $40 for a box of 12 here.

Maybe thats why yours are hard, you may be getting stale bars. Try going to www.questproteinbar.com and order there a box of 12 is only $25

I will try but being in Canada it may cost more to ship LOL
  • SERinDC
    SERinDC Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If you like oatmeal raisin cookies, the Luna Iced Oatmeal flavor is the BEST! I also like the peanut butter ones, but honestly, I almost always get iced oatmeal because it's the best. I've tried nearly every flavor, not as big on the chocolate ones. The lemon zest one is also pretty good, but very strong lemon flavor, so beware!
  • odonogc
    odonogc Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I love Think Think and Zone Perfect bars.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I love luna bars, I do eat clif bars occasionally when I have that many spare calories. there is one other kind I like but it's way to expensive to buy all the time and the name escapes me at the moment but it has 16 g protein in 140 cal with several very tasty flavors!!
  • Dahamac
    Dahamac Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have discovered Balance Gold Protein Bars and they have become my favorite. They taste great and are great especially after cycling.
  • Danpellizzari
    Options
    Supreme protein has some of the best bars I've ever tried.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I like Atkins bars the meal ones and supreme protein. The atkins are pretty low in sugar and supreme protein has a lot of good tasting flavors like peanut butter and jelly, rocky road, peanut butter pretzel.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Premier Nutrition chocolate peanut butter. Low sugar (about 8g) and high protein (30g). It doesn't have any sugar alcohols or high fructose corn syrup in it (both make me quite sick).

They are cheap - around $1 - at Wal Mart.
  • blueberry67
    Options
    totally into the balance bars - yummy and stay with you for awhile
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I have only tried two but both were amazing:

South Beach Diet Chocolate Almond Fluff (I think)

Perfect Zone Dark Chocolate Strawberry (also tried the caramel but the dark chocolate strawberry was amazing!!)
  • pennysmom1
    pennysmom1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Supreme protein has some of the best bars I've ever tried.

Yes!!! Peanut butter & jelly flavor is DELISH!
  • Andrewcpimpin
    Andrewcpimpin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Agree 2x. Great fill up for breakfast on the go
    met rx chocolate chocolate chunk is my favorite - 310 calories, 32g protein, and only 1 gram sugar.