Help..I don't sweat ?

Options
I don't know what's wrong with me...I have never been one to really sweat..I mean I will in between my breast, and my hair..But I want it to drip off of me !! Ya know what I mean ? So what is wrong with me, and what could I do to get myself to sweat. I don't drink soda, or anything like that..Pretty much all water, sometimes tea. I have never really watched my sodium..maybe I should but I guess I just didn't b/c I have never had bp issues, if anything it sometimes runs too low..So what is some things that could cause you person not to sweat ? Any advice would be great..I would love to know whats going on ! Thanks guys :wink:

Replies

• msjessae
    Options
    Have you talked with a doctor?

It could be anhidrosis or you may just have fewer sweat glands?
    Do you sweat while exercising?

Speak with a pro doc and find out
  • MandeeSue
    Options
    I don't sweat a lot...When I do my MMA class my hair up underneath and between my breast..But that is about it. I mean I don't have any on my shirt like under arms, or on my back..I may get alittle drops on my forehead..but not running down my face :\
  • MandeeSue
    Options
    And I have never went to the doctor for it.
  • starskita
    starskita Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    hi Mandee Sue, I dont really sweat either... when i do exercise i always sweat around my boobs too and unders my ponytail. I can tell that i have worked out well as i will smell sweaty and go red in the face. Be glad that its not dripping off u. I know ppl that cant control there sweat and its dripping off them without exercise. Personally i wouldnt worry too much about it :)
  • FireTigerSoul
    FireTigerSoul Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I don't sweat either. Some of my relatives start sweating inside with the air conditioner on. I think it just depends on the person. I wouldn't worry too much about it. :)
  • sheddingmyfatsuit
    sheddingmyfatsuit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think you are lucky. I sweat like a pig no matter what workout I am doing.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options

Me too. I just look at the gym and I start sweating. Seriously though, I wouldn't think it's a problem, unless you're feeling like you're retaining a bunch of water - some people just don't sweat...while others sweat like, uh...pigs. Weird saying, by the way...never thought about it before, but do pigs sweat?
  • chameleon73
    chameleon73 Posts: 119 Member
    Options

^. this! If (I say if because you arent sure) nothing is medically wrong with you, consider yourself blessed! It is SO not fun getting sweat in your eyes every three seconds! Lol
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    It's likely genetics. Some people have just have fewer sweat glands than others. Some people (like me) sweat a lot, others barely sweat at all. Sweating is how we cool our bodies, though, so just be aware of how you feel when you work out. If you feel lightheaded, stop and take a breather because you might be overheating. If it becomes a problem, speak with your doctor. There are a number of varied reasons that determine how much someone sweats and he or she can likely point you in the right direction (and perhaps give you some advice about how to work out so you don't overheat).
  • starskita
    Options

Me too. I just look at the gym and I start sweating. Seriously though, I wouldn't think it's a problem, unless you're feeling like you're retaining a bunch of water - some people just don't sweat...while others sweat like, uh...pigs. Weird saying, by the way...never thought about it before, but do pigs sweat?

This is what i have read about ur question :) No. Pigs do have sweat glands but they do not function like a human's does. They can release a little water and heat through passive diffusion, but it is not enough for the pigs to rely on. So in order to combat heat, pigs have adapted by using behavioral thermoregulation, which is the act of cooling themselves in the mud or water.

My mother always says "sweating like a pig" she hates it when i say "sweating like a rapist"..... to me, a rapist on the run would sweat alot more then a pig!!! but to be honest, not a very nice saying :S (my one that is)
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options

This is what i have read about ur question :) No. Pigs do have sweat glands but they do not function like a human's does. They can release a little water and heat through passive diffusion, but it is not enough for the pigs to rely on. So in order to combat heat, pigs have adapted by using behavioral thermoregulation, which is the act of cooling themselves in the mud or water.

My mother always says "sweating like a pig" she hates it when i say "sweating like a rapist"..... to me, a rapist on the run would sweat alot more then a pig!!! but to be honest, not a very nice saying :S (my one that is)

Very interesting! Now I know! Yeah, "sweating like a rapist" might not go over very well in some crowds. How about "sweating like a *kitten* in church"?
  • starskita
    Options
    yes it really depends who is around to who u can say it near....
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I used to be like you, but I have found that as I lose inches(scale refuses to show me a loss) I'm sweating more. If you are that concerned about it then I suggest seeing your dr.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    i am anemic, and i find that i dontsweat at all when my iron slow - if it is normal or high i can sweat. get your bloodwork checked....
  • Heidi64
    Heidi64 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Not sweating is a symptom of HYPOTHYROIDISM. See a doctor to rule out this health issue. I use to never sweat, no matter how hot it was or how hard I worked out. Now I sweat like a pig. (I am on levothyroxine for my hypothyroidism) Hope all is well.
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you aren't just sweaty in different places? For me, I barely sweat on my head and face, but I sweat a lot on my back. Even when I am at my sweatiest though, it's still not that much. Unless you are not sweating at all, I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Aleciajones
    Options
    I don't sweat much either, and my skin get cooler-where the most pudge is located usually.
  • darylspindler
    darylspindler Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    LOL...you stole my line:laugh:
  • starskita
    Options
    Not sweating is a symptom of HYPOTHYROIDISM. See a doctor to rule out this health issue. I use to never sweat, no matter how hot it was or how hard I worked out. Now I sweat like a pig. (I am on levothyroxine for my hypothyroidism) Hope all is well.

hmmm wouldnt be the only symptom.... i've been checked for thyroid and come back clear for all them, but i still dont "drip" sweat, but am not really worried about it either.
    i get sticky sweaty in hair and lower back and boobs....thats enough for me..lol
  • 57rainbows
    57rainbows Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Do you overheat? Either when exercises, or when it's hot outside? My aunt couldn't sweat and had to watch her temperature and regulate it with things like those neckbands you soak in cold water, because w/o sweat her body couldn't cool itself. If it's not causing any troubles for you, I wouldn't worry about it. Sweat is not a direct indication of effort; you can still be working out really well even if you don't sweat!