100+ pounds to lose???

Options

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and have shed 130 pounds to date and dropped my body fat from 56% to 22%

Although I am not really adding new friends, I do reply to messages so if you would like any advice or encouragement, feel free to send a message my way.

Also, here's a blog I wrote about how I did it that you might find helpful:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/CoryIda/view/how-did-you-do-it-200995

I wish you all the best!
  • tanigrrrrr
    tanigrrrrr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi There,
    Im 25 and I have 121 pounds to loose. I started at the end of January (28th) and have lost 9 pounds so far.
    Feel free to add me :)

Oh im from Australia btw, so any aussies out there - also feel free to add!
  • tbabs
    tbabs Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm 29 and 314...started at 320 a few weeks ago. I'd really like to be under 300 by my 30th bday in April and under 200 in the long term. Could use LOTS of support....
  • TrinaGale
    Options
    I am 5'4" and weigh 238... I go up and down and cant seem to consistently keep it off. Reading all these stories inspire me, Are all of you just counting calories and excersizing? what is shred?
  • soosweet1920
    soosweet1920 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I want to drop 100 total. 45 down so far but I am just joining MFP. I am doing herbal life system, 30 day shred in morning and cardio in the evenings.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Ive lost over 100 lbs. I am only 5'6 and a half but used to be over 300 lbs. I had lost like 15 lbs before I joined here and those lbs are not reflected on my ticker.
  • pb4c
    pb4c Posts: 4
    Options
    I started my plan after going to the Dr and finding out I weight 310 punds. I'm 5'6". I am trying to get approved for bariatric surgery. In the meantime I am taking a weight management on-line class. The first week of my class I did a total rebellious binge. No one is going to tell me what to eat let alone tell me I have to write all this stuff down. The second week I finally got with the program. Started at 313 and down to 306 the first week. I was using an app called loseit,but started using this one this week. I have a lot of changes to make. Been very resistant to the exercise piece. Finally got my fat butt out and walked today. Yup, I need to lose over 100 pounds. Seems daunting which is why I am looking at surgery. Hoping surgery will mean I don't have to be hungry all the time. Also hoping it works as aversion therapy. If I have surgery and it is hard for people on here I will stop posting, but in the meantime I could really use your support.
  • mltanton
    Options
    I'm right there with everyone on this topic. I have about 108 pounds to lose and have lost 10 since joining. I find that using MFP helps keep me on track. Most of the days I stay within my calorie goal. Prior to joining, I did lose 40 pounds and have kept it off.

I feel for me, I have to have what I call a "crap" day at least once a week. I enjoy what I want (within reason) and then concentrate on my food modifications the rest of the week. I hate calling it a diet because it seems like I am depriving myself when I do that.

Good luck to everyone and feel free to friend me and we all go through this journey! :smile:
  • WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and have about 140 lbs to lose! Only lost 4 so far, but hey! Its 4 less than I had!

Anyone can add me, just please send a message with your invite :)
  • goodmans90
    goodmans90 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi all, when I started my diet in Aug. 2011 I weighed 413.. couldn't believe it, I now weigh 344. I have a huge goal of 200 pounds. Anyone feel free to add me, would love to have friends on here for support.
  • LeahBlackketter
    Options
    Hello all....

I needed to lose about 115 pounds, and since I decided to start doing something about it in July 2011, I've lost about 44 pounds. I stopped drinking sodas (used to be addicted to mountain dew), joined a gym, and got a personal trainer, who introduced me to MFP. I am fairly new here and sort of shy. I'd like to add all of you who are available for friending for the mutual encouragement. I am REALLY loving the new me and all the things I can do now; my trainer is teaching me how to box and I am trying to get started running using Couch to 5K. I am convinced we can all make this happen.

Leah
  • vamback
    Options
    Hey! I started January 1, 2012. My starting weight was 259---I have lost around 28 lbs! You can do it, if you need any encouragement, feel free to add me! :)

Also, I still currently want to lose 100 more lbs!!! :)
  • lo89ol
    lo89ol Posts: 59
    Options
    HI! I'm 5'11" and my goal is to lose 120, but I will reassess that when I get there and see if I want to lose more. I started on November 7th after seeing some disgusting pictures from my engagement party. I took a short hiatus in January due to a loss in my family and then really started buckling down until the end of January. To date, I've lost about 35lbs.

I've been doing the 17 day diet for a little over 3 weeks and it has helped me to get back into the swing of things and I've actually learned a lot about food and the quality of food that is needed in our bodies. I recently started doing 30 day shred (again) and try to go on the elliptical at least 4 days a week for 20 minutes. Also, I walk every night with my dog, and when its warmer out, we walk for the better part of three miles (around my hilly neighborhood)

I love new friends so feel free to request me! Hope we can all be successful and help eachother on this journey!
  • NewCyn
    NewCyn Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have a 100 lb goal! So please add me if you like.
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm Megan, my HW is 307, I started MFP in September at 287, and I'm currently 236ish. I still have at least 50-90lbs to go. (Depends on where I am happy because I have started doing more weights so I don't know what my maintenance weight will be).
  • Brianf2fusa
    Options
    Hello!! Im Brian

Is this a women only board? Sorry if it is....

But I am 6'0 started at 350, now at 342, After football I just let it go..... I am currently doing Muscle Pharm "Live Shredded" workout. I would like a workout buddy or a friend to reach out too during our struggle!!

Thanks!
  • nawazarrio
    nawazarrio Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm Sarah. When I started MFP five weeks ago I was at 402 pounds. I'm 5'4 and should ideally weigh about 120-135. Right now my goal is 250. It seems much more doable to me. When I get there I plan to try to maintain for a while (three to six months perhaps?) then plan my next step from there. So either way you look at it, I need to lose either 150 pounds total or 280 total. I think having a support team is essential. I'll send a friend request your way. Good luck to you!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose at *least* 120 lbs (and will defo re-assess my goal once I'm there and lose more...). I'm down 19 since I joined MFP/began eating healthy/exercising like crazy (about a week into january). I'm loving all the support from people on MFP, especially since I dont get an overwhelming amount at home. So, please please add me! I looove my friends on here...they're all great, and I would love some more! Currently I'm trying to eat much more healthily and working out at *least* once a day....I'm varying my exercises a lot, and I've found that's a key for me, because I get bored doing one thing. I'm doing weights/treadmill sometimes, but mainly taking classes (pilates, yoga, bootcamp, bodyworks, kickboxing, zumba, and more), swimming usually every day, and also doing 30 Day shred, sometimes in sequence with Biggest loser yoga or brazil butt lift. I'm also planning on starting C2 5K soon..I'm a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding at the end of september so I'd love to be under 200lbs by then (at least!). I'm at 251 right now, started at 270. We're also planning her bachelorette party for vegas in august, so of course I want to look fab for that!....and I really want to start running...I want to do a 5k in november at Disney (yep, i'm that big of a child :tongue: ) Anyways, feel free to add me no matter what your goals are!
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • msespresso
    msespresso Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My initial big goal (on my ticker) is 100 lbs, but I'm hoping for more eventually... just trying not to look at anything bigger so I don't get overwhelmed :) I'm happy to have as many friends as possible here- it's great to have so many others who understand the struggles! Feel free to add me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!