Strange Queston about Calories

Options
So I have an odd but important question. I have a friend that has very dry skin and uses evoo (olive oil) on her arms and legs. She recomended it to me and it works very well. My question is............ if you put oil on your skin and your body absorbs it, does it count as calorie intake???

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    So I have an odd but important question. I have a friend that has very dry skin and uses evoo (olive oil) on her arms and legs. She recomended it to me and it works very well. My question is............ if you put oil on your skin and your body absorbs it, does it count as calorie intake???
    Your body absorbs it not digest. Totally different processes.
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You're safe to enjoy as much as you can afford. Sunflower oil is cheaper and will also do the job!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I like coconut oil better and use it to cook with as well as using it to cleanse my face. I never have the need to moisturize.

Also if your skin is that dry you need to nourish it from the inside out. Your skin is telling you that you need to drink more water and up your fat intake that you are eating.

My eating lifestyle is very high fat and I am always being told I have the softest and most lovely skin of anyone they ever met. I don't even use lotion or conditioner on my hair. I am nourishing my body from the inside out.
  • SkinnyShadow
    SkinnyShadow Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil is the best you can get. If you buy it this way, you keep all the nutrients in it. You can eat it, rub it on your skin, and it's super good for you - contrary to what a lot of people think - it has medium chain fats (or something, I forget exactly, but I read up on it thoroughly at one time) - AND, it isa natural anti-fungal anti-viral, AND (ladies) really good to use as lube lol, and helps prevent yeast infections :D haha
    .. just thought I'd share when I saw the previous post :) cause YES! COCONUT OIL all the way!!!
  • sandiburn
    Options
    tks all.

My mom and dad use coconut oil every day. It is also said to cure and/or delay the onset of denentia. It is very high in cal's, but so many good side effects.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    The only place your body absorbs energy and nutrients from food is your stomach and intestines. Food can only get there by entering your mouth. No need to count calories for body oils, lotions, or makeup! :flowerforyou:
  • darylspindler
    darylspindler Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Like my friend Cosmo Kramer I like to spread Coconut Oil on myself and lay out in the sun so I smell like popcorn!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to tell my (eh hem) special friend about the cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil... You know, for when things get hot in the kitchen.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    :|