GREEK YOGURT! (My favorite ways to eat it)

Options
Everyone should try this delicious superfood!
It is LOADED with protein, and very low calorie and 0 fat (for fat-free). It is around 130 calories for a whole cup, and 23 grams of protein. I discovered it 2 weeks ago, and love it! These are my favorite ways to eat it...reply with your favorites!

With honey, cinnamon, and granola for breakfast...or dessert!

On top of a potato instead of sour cream.

In healthy fish tacos.

Mixed with lemon juice and capers for a sauce on salmon.

Loaded with fresh fruit.

Mixed with green onion seasoning packet for a delicious chip or veggie dip.

My favorite is plain Fage yogurt. It is the BEST!

Replies

• MrsBAT
    MrsBAT Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I adore Greek yogurt. I like it best as a fruit dip and in smoothies, but I have a few recipes I want to try it in soon. I have to to try it on a potato and as a veggie dip, I never thought of those.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Mix it with fish sauce, lime juice, palm sugar, coriander, and chillies.... Yum.
  • shutterbabe
    shutterbabe Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Tonight was actually the first time I tried mixing a ranch packet with more than half of one of those big containers of plain 0 fat Greek yogurt (I had eaten some of the yogurt previously, so it wasn't a whole container :P) and it was AMAZING! Tasted just like ranch dip. :) I had a few sticks of celery with it and felt totally guilt free! :) It would actually probably be best with a whole container because it was a little surprisingly strong, but still perfectly delicious. The best part is my boyfriend wont eat it all because he doesn't like yogurt. I didn't tell him it tastes the exact same though. The flavor possibilities have really expanded for me after tonight. :) I <3 ranch. :P
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Love it. I have it for breakfast most days. Always looking to try new recipes so keep them ideas coming!
  • Amoravy
    Amoravy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    The whole packet of the green onion lasted me for a while. I do not use the whole packet at once in a big tub since it is just me eating it...I kind of just eyeball the amount I put in there!
  • Amoravy
    Options
    Mix it with fish sauce, lime juice, palm sugar, coriander, and chillies.... Yum.

Is that a sauce for something or do you just eat it as is? I gotta try that!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    It's so yummy I use it for everything! It's meant to be a sauce for chicken skewers, but I also use it on steak, as a salad dressing, or as a dip. I make it at least once a week :)
  • TheBakerGirl
    Options
    I love this stuff! Love it on baked potatoes, and it's equally as amazing on baked sweet potatoes. I've been thinking about trying it in potato salad instead of mayo. And if that works….why not make tuna salad and chicken salad with it?

YUM!!! I'm getting hungry. :D
  • shutterbabe
    shutterbabe Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    The whole packet of the green onion lasted me for a while. I do not use the whole packet at once in a big tub since it is just me eating it...I kind of just eyeball the amount I put in there!

For real! Its pretty strong. It was my first time so now I know for the future! :)
  • Amoravy
    Options
    I love this stuff! Love it on baked potatoes, and it's equally as amazing on baked sweet potatoes. I've been thinking about trying it in potato salad instead of mayo. And if that works….why not make tuna salad and chicken salad with it?

YUM!!! I'm getting hungry. :D

I have seen a few recipes using it for egg, tuna, and potato salad but I have yet to try it. I am eating it on a potato right now! hehe
  • IamDianna
    Options
    I eat it with dahl or other Indian foods too. Great on meats (especially grilled). I like the breakfast ideas, I am getting bored with my brekkies.
  • TheBakerGirl
    Options
    I eat it with dahl or other Indian foods too. Great on meats (especially grilled). I like the breakfast ideas, I am getting bored with my brekkies.

Do try it! It's amazing for breakfast. I usually have yogurt, a drizzle of honey, sprinkles of cinnamon, blueberries and granola. YUM!!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I mix in a spoonful or 2 of peanut butter for added protein.......but it's gotta be the crunchy type!!!

Sue :smile: x
  • Amoravy
    Options

I thought it sounded strange, but I googled a couple of people that mix it into their oatmeal. The warm/cool combination is supposedly yummy. I am going to try that in the morning since I do have both. Granola and cereal is good with it so I am sure oatmeal will be.
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 271
    Options
    my favourite way to eat it is with a spoon...
  • behind_blue_eyes_83
    Options
    I've never bought it, but I've been thinking I should. I have a few recipes where I tend to use low-fat creme fraiche instead of cream (sauces mainly) - do you think 0% Greek Yoghurt would work in these?
  • Amoravy
    Options
    my favourite way to eat it is with a spoon...

That is by far the weirdest way to eat it...
  • Amoravy
    Options
    I've never bought it, but I've been thinking I should. I have a few recipes where I tend to use low-fat creme fraiche instead of cream (sauces mainly) - do you think 0% Greek Yoghurt would work in these?

I am not sure really, but it's a versatile food. Can be used for mayo, sour cream, and pasta sauce bases...and the package says great for cooking.
  • kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    My friend brings greek yoghurt into uni with her and loads it with sweetners! ew.
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Tonight was actually the first time I tried mixing a ranch packet with more than half of one of those big containers of plain 0 fat Greek yogurt (I had eaten some of the yogurt previously, so it wasn't a whole container :P) and it was AMAZING! Tasted just like ranch dip. :) I had a few sticks of celery with it and felt totally guilt free! :) It would actually probably be best with a whole container because it was a little surprisingly strong, but still perfectly delicious. The best part is my boyfriend wont eat it all because he doesn't like yogurt. I didn't tell him it tastes the exact same though. The flavor possibilities have really expanded for me after tonight. :) I <3 ranch. :P

I just did this tonight and it was amazing and its only 130 cals for a whole cup and zero fat!