Starting out again!

Options
Went on the scales for the first time yesterday in a couple of months, and got a bit of a shock. So have reset MFP, and now have 70lbs to lose ideally.
I currently work in a kitchen, so there is a lot of temptation which is so difficult to resist.
Me and my husband want to ttc soon, so weight loss is becoming very important..
Could really do with some friends on here for some support

Replies

• Pembo78
    Options
    Hi hun xxx Im new to all of this xx Hope you manage to acheive your goals xx
  • Pembo78
    Options
    :smile:
  • kate315
    Options
    I'm feeling the same way today! Joined mfp this morning and am setting myself a 15kg weight loss goal ahead of my wedding in 9 months time... All feels very daunting! Good luck with your goals... Just keep tracking everything :) I need to force myself into the no excuses zone!
  • happymom1197
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Lost some weight, gained it allllllllllllllll back. Now I'm back on track again. I could always use some more friends. I will add u. We can do this!!!!
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    When you say starting out again, I assume you lost weight previously ,put it back on and now are trying again? If so, then we should be friends! I lost 14lbs last year on mfp but gradually got into bad habits but I'm back again! I try not to focus on the negatives but look ay how well I did before which proves that I can do it! bit like smokers, most people don't quit first time around!
  • pievo
    pievo Posts: 3
    Options
    Same boat here in Germany!got it all back. Now a new start! I have 77lbs to lose! I realy could need some support
  • ctsmith
    ctsmith Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like I have 32lbs still to lose but loving all the support on here! Good luck.
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    Went on the scales for the first time yesterday in a couple of months, and got a bit of a shock. So have reset MFP, and now have 70lbs to lose ideally.
    I currently work in a kitchen, so there is a lot of temptation which is so difficult to resist.
    Me and my husband want to ttc soon, so weight loss is becoming very important..
    Could really do with some friends on here for some support

you can do it!!! feel free to add me
  • busterbaby
    busterbaby Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I'm a newby and also have a little over 7o lbs to loose. It seems like a wonderful site, and i'm having alot of fun with it. This is just my 1st week.

You will do fine, you sound highly motivated with good support at home. Best of luck to you....\:bigsmile:
  • paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You are in a great place in your life. Learning to eat properly to fuel yourself and your yet- to- be- conceived child will also prepare you for training that child in how to properly fuel his or her own body.

This site is a great learning place to do just that. Think- long term goals- and don't let the distraction of short term successes overcloud those. Your ultimate target should be not just a healthy size but a strong and long life where you can be there to support your grandchildren with vitality.

For now focus on what you already are doing right and make the extra investment to encourage yourself. As women we tend to forget that.
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the best of luck!
  • vhiccy
    vhiccy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of your words of encouragement and the friend ads. I'm really hoping that this time I can stick to the healthy eating.
    I've decided that Fridays are going to be my weigh in days, and I will not peek before - as tempting as it is.
    I am trying to walk to work and back each day (4 times) and next week I will be going to Zumba twice.
    I am determined to lose those 70lbs
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    i def advocate weighing yourself infrequently. I've been doing it maybe every 10 days and prefer to see a definate 2lb loss rather than the daily fluctuations!
    friends we are then!