Long way to go...would love a support network! :)

Options
Hey Everyone! I'm Lisa, 25 yr old Music Tech Teacher from Essex/London UK. Got 134lbs to lose, am currently obese with a BMI of 45.2, this NEEDS to change.

So far I've lost 18lbs in 4 weeks this time round. Was using HotCal on my computer but changed to MFP when I got my new phone and wanted an App that worked. I think it's bloody brill so far.

Exercise wise, I'm doing either an hour of Dancing (General) using PS3 MOVE and Just Dance, Dance Star Party games. For me, its just so much fun I don't realise I'm doing it! Also cheaper than gym and such. Also walking to and from work (40 mins with 6 lb backpack :/) has been tough but beneficial. I'm looking to add swimming and maybe some fitness classes when I lose a bit more and feel like less of a fairy elephant!

Would like to hear your stories and offer support (and get some back) on this long journey, weather u have to lose a little or a lot, we're all in it together!!!

Thanks for Reading :)

Lisa (the_energy)

Replies

• rhifit
    rhifit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! You can do it Lisa.
  • HisMissus
    HisMissus Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Have sent a friend request. Got over 100lbs to lose too and accordiing to the Wii Fit I have a BMI of 44
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lisa! Feel free to add me. I love meeting new people and listening to their ideas. Good luck with your journey!
  • MammaSki2Boys
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me.
  • the_energy
    Options
    You guys are lovely :) x
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Hi Lisa,

I'm Michelle. I need to lose 100 lbs. Currently, I'm working on it 10 lbs at a time. I've lost 17 lbs since I started a little over a month ago. I'm tired of feeling unhealthy and have no energy.

I've been getting up at 4:30 a.m and hitting the gym for about an hour 4-5 times a week. Working on making that 5-6 times a week. I've also been trying to completely change the way I eat and what I eat. Which is so hard, because I am a carb and sugar junkie.
    I've recently made my food diary public so that I feel more accountable.

I'm happy to offer support and encouragement and could use some in return. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Good luck!!
  • ottersln
    Options
    Welcome Lisa! Congrats on the 18 pound loss so far! You go girl! I think that you are going to enjoy MFP. There is a lot of support and good idea's on this site. Be sure to check out tools and read up on BMR as you continue your journey of living a healthier life. I am learning to dance and recently purchased the Zumba2 for my Wii. I use Wii Fit as well. My main cardio workout is a 60 minute job on a mini trampoline. My knees cannot take the pounding of running on pavement so I must use the trampoline to avoid knee issues.

I have a new blog called A Healthy Life 4 Me where I post information and recipes that I come across in my life. I try to post daily but it doesn't always happen as I have another blog (paper crafting) that I try to keep up with as well. Here is a link to my blog: http://ahealthylife4me.wordpress.com/

My tip for you is to use MFP everyday. When we are tracking what we eat and how many calories we are burning it's a conscious decision about every bite we are going to consume. People who track their intake and burned calories LOSE weight! You can do this and we are here to support you as much as you want to be supported. Enjoy the journey to new healthier YOU and live life with an abundant attitude!

Donna
  • cowleyibiza
    Options
    I got 66lbs to lose, not long started, You can Add me if you like.
  • vic72
    vic72 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I still have 47lbs to lose... sent you a friend request!
  • Hayter2013
    Options
    Hi Lisa,

Feel free to add me. Been on here a week, many people motivating me and I'm liking giving others that same motivation also!

Remember that singing burns calories too! It all helps!

Am routing for you!! Welcome! x
  • kimsciolino
    kimsciolino Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Welcome! If you are looking for friends please feel free to add me. I am 40yrs old with 40lbs to lose. I have been on this site since June and love the motivation that each person brings. My goal is to lose this weight within 12 months. I drink Shakeology everyday since July and my workout programs are Turbo Fire (round2) and Insanity. Plus I try to walk my 125lb dog everyday for atleast 30 minutes.
    I have 2 problems that work against me and losing weight. #1 I had a complete hysterectomy approx. 9 yrs ago and I do not take any hormone replacment meds.
    #2 I have a very stressful job that I work 9 to 12 hours a day 6-7 days a week. Currently I have been on 12 hours a day 6 days a week. But besides that I am not letting that get to me I am DETERMINED and very Motivated, I love to talk about health and fitness. And I love to help motivate people.
    Good Luck on your health and fitness journey,
    Kim
  • dizzydi1968
    Options
    Hi Lisa welcome. Friend request on its way x x
  • lshafik
    Options
    Good luck sweetie.

The 10lbs at a time idea is great - it is what I did (I lost 50lbs until before christmas)

My aim is to continue with it so I need 7lbs to my next goal.

You can do it sweetie and lean on us all for support x
  • stefclaire
    Options
    Lisa well done so far on losing 18lbs in 4 weeks, carry on and you can do it in no time.:happy:
  • suzancarroll
    Options
    Welcome, you will enjoy this site. Keep up the good work.
  • nawazarrio
    nawazarrio Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Sarah. I have a long haul ahead of me but I have managed to lose 18 pounds in the last five weeks. I would love to have one more person to support/gain support from. I'll send a request. :)
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    :happy: Welcome! Sending friend requests!

Jen
  • zumbaabby
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck...you got this :)!
  • BeccaBecca274
    Options
    Just joined 2 days ago and so far I'm loving this app/site! You can do this, we can all do it together. You can add me as a friend if you like. I could use the support too. I'm a busy mom and broke my leg last year, which has prevented me so far from getting the exercise level I would like to be at, but I know I will get there! We can go down this path together. I was reading all the post and this seems like a very supportive site...we all need that extra push sometimes :).
  • ssanto
    ssanto Posts: 53
    Options
    Welcome Lisa!! I'm in a similar situations - trying to loose 90-100lbs long term. Look for my add.