You know you're on a diet when...

Options
124»

Replies

• bluemist248
    bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Spending time, sometimes up to 30 minutes, on a restaruants website examining the nutritional information so that I can get something I want and at the same time not feel guilty and truly enjoy my meal.

I thought I was the only one that did this...

I did this this morning in preparation for a weekend's worth of birthday meals out! Everyone I eat-out with then wonders then why I'm not the slightest bit guilty when I tuck into fish& chips, but it's simply because I've planned, worked out and ate light at lunch.
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    You find 2 boxes of christmas chocolates unopened in a cupboard you had forgotten you even had, and the only reason you had gone to the cupboard..to stash the valentines chocolates as well!

You swop 2 slices of toast for 80g grapes, a low fat yoghurt and a mini babybel! and are happy with your snack :smile:
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    When your so worried about what your boyfriend mother is going to serve you for dinner when you go around to her house, you do 2 hours of cardio...just incase it's something way over your calorie allowance!
  • WannabeSexyBexy
    Options
    ..........your boyfriend mockingly waves a large slice of lovely pizza in your face but you take one glance at his beer belly and smile serenly into your salad.

Fab!!!
  • ask4itall
    Options
    Spending time, sometimes up to 30 minutes, on a restaruants website examining the nutritional information so that I can get something I want and at the same time not feel guilty and truly enjoy my meal.

Ha ha...I'm totally down with that...I do that all the time!! Thumbs up!
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    When you take a bite out of something you're not supposed to have and realise that it doesn't taste good at all! And you spit it back out and don't eat it!
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    That's a grand idea....cutting in half beforehand...my bf and I end up eating a whole frozen pizza by ourselves simply because it's there.
  • rhiasmith
    Options

Oh my god.. I do this!! I won't go anywhere that doesn't have the nutritional info on the internet or instore that I can look at :P
  • sheryllamb72
    sheryllamb72 Posts: 163 Member
    Options

And I find it so annoying when some restaurants don't provide that information!!
    We're in the UK and I emailed the restaurant that we were going to (they pride themselves on having the best of the best Argentinian beef) and yet although they have a swanky new restaurant in the UK, they have no calorie count on their menu!! Come on 'Cau' sort it out.
    It should be a legal requirement for restaurants that is set by the government. They like to set stupid rules for pointless things, so what about setting rules for all restaurants that they must have nutritional values for all the food they sell.
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    ....you plan and prepare for a big meal out with your friends, and realize after you indulge in all your old treats that you just don't like the way that makes you feel anymore!
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    bump*****
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options

And I find it so annoying when some restaurants don't provide that information!!
    We're in the UK and I emailed the restaurant that we were going to (they pride themselves on having the best of the best Argentinian beef) and yet although they have a swanky new restaurant in the UK, they have no calorie count on their menu!! Come on 'Cau' sort it out.
    It should be a legal requirement for restaurants that is set by the government. They like to set stupid rules for pointless things, so what about setting rules for all restaurants that they must have nutritional values for all the food they sell.

I get so angry when this happens too....I love independent restaurants too (and there are A LOT in Oxford) but they NEVER have their calorie content....So I've just got to add it up + add a few extra 100 calories because I doubt they'll cook low fat!
  • Snubbleup
    Options
    I keep the iPad on the kitchen counter during dinner so I can add anything extra I put on my plate. My family knows I'm serious!!!
    I do this!!