~Namaste!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    So very true!! :flowerforyou:
  • Katie1951
    Katie1951 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    So true, we are all here for different reasons and they should all be respected.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I love it, and I repect you!!!! :) Have a wonderful weekend.
  • TonyL68
    TonyL68 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Very well said. But sadly, yes - there really should be some mention of boobs, sex, bikinis, underwear, eye candy or similar in the title if you wanted the widest possible readership. :tongue:
  • louisau
    louisau Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Listen to that ... Can you hear it ....
    At last, the voice of reason.

Thank you
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    fit·ness (ftns)
    n.
    1. The state or condition of being fit; suitability or appropriateness.
    2. Good health or physical condition, especially as the result of exercise and proper nutrition.

I joined this site to invest in my health and fitness. It is a positive side effect that I will also lose weight. This site's name is myFITNESSpal.

It seems fairly obvious to me that most people join this site to live a more healthy lifestyle. For some that may mean gaining weight, for some losing weight, for others losing percentage of body fat, while others are maintaining their already healthy lifestyles. This site offers many useful tools and is beneficial to a wide spectrum of users.

So what is my point? Respect each person on their personal journey.

“Just because I'm on a different path doesn't mean I'm lost.”

~Namaste :flowerforyou:

I so agree! What a great post!

Sue :smile: x
  • nk17
    nk17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    We are here to build up, not to tear down. If everyone would ask themselves which they are doing before they post, the forums would be a nicer place.
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Very well said. But sadly, yes - there really should be some mention of boobs, sex, bikinis, underwear, eye candy or similar in the title if you wanted the widest possible readership. :tongue:

:drinker:

this is hilarious...and so true!
  • maria_jason
    maria_jason Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Definately needed to read this today!!! I guess I got caught up in the "weight loss" to realize that I was already at a HEALTHY weight to begin. Thanks :)
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    amen
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    fit·ness (ftns)
    n.
    1. The state or condition of being fit; suitability or appropriateness.
    2. Good health or physical condition, especially as the result of exercise and proper nutrition.

I joined this site to invest in my health and fitness. It is a positive side effect that I will also lose weight. This site's name is myFITNESSpal.

It seems fairly obvious to me that most people join this site to live a more healthy lifestyle. For some that may mean gaining weight, for some losing weight, for others losing percentage of body fat, while others are maintaining their already healthy lifestyles. This site offers many useful tools and is beneficial to a wide spectrum of users.

So what is my point? Respect each person on their personal journey.

“Just because I'm on a different path doesn't mean I'm lost.”

~Namaste :flowerforyou:

Put very well :smooched:
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    OK, does mamasasa = namaste or was mamasasa quoting namaste?
  • mamasasa
    mamasasa Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    nice!
    Not as NICE as you, my sweet friend.
  • mamasasa
    Options
    OK, does mamasasa = namaste or was mamasasa quoting namaste?

Namaste is meant as a gesture...kind of like sayings "Blessings". To each person "Namaste" has its own special meaning or interpretation...here are just a few more:
    Seeing Others
    Seeing others through the definition of Namaste will help you to see the true divine spirit in everyone. By doing so you are literally meeting them at the soul level. You look beyond the surface into the true nature of every being.

There a many other interpretations of the meaning of Namaste here are a few:

The God/Goddess within me acknowledges the God/Goddess within you.

The Divine in me recognizes and honors, the Divine in you.

The spirit within me bows to the spirit within you.

I greet that place where you and I are one.

I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace.

No matter which interpretation you choose you should think of it as a divine blessing that honors sacredness and equality in everyone.

For me it is a spiritual (a connection to the Universe) gesture of sending out love and light into this beautiful world we are all a part of .

~Mamasasa
  • workerbee2011
    workerbee2011 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    hear hear mamasasa! When you're right, you're right :drinker:
  • mamasasa
    Options

:drinker:

this is hilarious...and so true!

:laugh:
  • mamasasa
    Options
    hear hear mamasasa! When you're right, you're right :drinker:

And when I am not right, I am the first to admit it, apologize and set things straight. :flowerforyou:
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    understood, I was confused as there is an mfp member named "namaste"