9 lbs lost in two weeks!!!

leighoconnell
leighoconnell Posts: 217
edited September 19 in Success Stories
I am participating in the biggest loser contest through my work place and took advantage of the calorie counter on here. Over the past two weeks I cut coffee, soda, and junk food out of my diet and started eating correct portions at meals and healthy food! The weight is just seems to be melting off!! I haven't even started working out yet! I lost 5.5 lbs my first week and 3.5 this week!! Yeah me!!:happy:

Replies

• Oh ya and I completely avoid the inner isles of the grocery store!!
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Good for you! Eating "clean" and in the right portions makes a big difference. :happy:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Congratulations on your quick weight loss. It is always fun to see those scales moving down.

I have copied and pasted the link for a great post by a member named.Banks. He has lost weight and kept it off, a true success story. It has been really helpful to me and many others.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

Good luck on this life changing journey!

:flowerforyou:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    :happy: Great job!! I have lost 9lbs in the last 2 weeks too - such a great feeling. Way to go!! :drinker: :smile:
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    WHOOHOO!!! Good for you!! :happy: Keep up the good work, and congrats on the beginning of a new you and a healthier lifestyle!!! :flowerforyou:
  • lemontea
    lemontea Posts: 1
    Wow, that is fantastic!! :happy: You're doing great.
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    That's great!! :drinker: Just wait until you add in some exercise, you'll melt away! :laugh:
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Ooops, double post! :embarassed: I'll just take this space to congratulate you again! :laugh:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Congratulations on your quick weight loss. It is always fun to see those scales moving down.

I have copied and pasted the link for a great post by a member named.Banks. He has lost weight and kept it off, a true success story. It has been really helpful to me and many others.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

Good luck on this life changing journey!

:flowerforyou:

Way to go leighoconnell ... feels great don't it?

DeeDeeLHF; Hey ... thanks for that link. I've saved it too to remind me when I get to one of those "phases" which usually make me throw up my hands in defeat. Not this time man ... no way!!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Thats awesome! Feels good doesn't it. Add in some exercise and you are on your way to the top.
    I am in the biggest loser contest at my job as well - next week is the last week and I have been in the top spot last week and just today as well. Its a close race but I am going to push hard for the next 5 days to stay on top.
  • kaassiia
    kaassiia Posts: 51 Member
    I am participating in the biggest loser contest through my work place and took advantage of the calorie counter on here. Over the past two weeks I cut coffee, soda, and junk food out of my diet and started eating correct portions at meals and healthy food! The weight is just seems to be melting off!! I haven't even started working out yet! I lost 5.5 lbs my first week and 3.5 this week!! Yeah me!!:happy:

you cut out coffee?! i wish i could do that... i have like 2-3 cups a day and feel like i cant function without it. do you put sugar in it? i dont use sugar in mine only 2% milk so its about 15 calories per cup. maybe i should give that up too. :happy: :happy:
    your weight loss is AMAZING especially since you havent started working out yet. imagine how much more youll lose once you start! you are so lucky! good luck =]
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!