My friends are horrible for my diet! D:<

Options
2»

Replies

• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    You dropped 200-300 on fried pickles?

GOOD FOR YOU! Those things are MAGICAL. I LOVE them.

200 calories over once and a while is not going to hurt you, especially if you are right on track most of the time.
  • raptorcat07
    Options
    Yes I do, you just forget about it and afterwards you are smacking yourself in the head asking yourself why why why.
  • msjessae
    Options
    You just have to fight the urges!
    there've been times when that happened to me and I would order the unhealthier foods until I got it in my mind to be

PROACTIVE instead of REACTIVE

Proactive: you've gotta do it for yourself because it's your health, your diet, your goal that you're putting off from every unhealthy choices you make

REACTIVE: you just react to your current circumstances so you end up falling down.

When I got that in my head, it got so much easier :) CHEERS!

*Feel free to add me up :)
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Oh Yeah! My friends like to hang out in the bars for an entire evening of fun. Which I don't mind, I just don't want to drink all night (who needs THAT many empty calories). I may have a beer or two and try to switch to water. They not only complain about my choice of drink, they will start buying me beers and telling me that they can't go to waste. The other night, I met them and had no intention of drinking (mostly because I just didn't feel like it). A beer was waiting at my table for me and I just let it sit there for hours. Never took a sip! Pretty proud of myself for that one, since I really do like beer.:drinker:
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    A beer was waiting at my table for me and I just let it sit there for hours. Never took a sip!

That is alcohol abuse.:noway: Please seek the help you need. :flowerforyou:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Fried pickles! Yum :drinker:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Now I've decided that I'm going to make fried pickles for dinner tonight.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    It took me a long time to stop going along with bad food choices when out with friends. I could avoid bad stuff all day long at work (and even out with my husband) but for some reason, that social dynamic was harder to stand up to. Once I had a long stretch of healthy eating behind me, I just stuck to my guns when out with the girls, because I knew I could no longer stomach the fried foods anymore, and it wasn't as bad as I thought. Actually found that they are more prone to make healthier choices when I do...

OH, and try to pre-plan when you know where you're going, and when the waiter or waitress comes to the table be sure you speak up and order FIRST. That way, you are less likely to be tempted if a friend orders something bad....