Calories per Meal

Options
How many calories are considered normal on a per meal basis? Not just for the normal person but for someone that is counting their calories.

I've been seeing people post that 600 cal for dinner is high. That just seems insane to me.

Replies

• vilardip1
    Options
    need more details...all depends on total calorie restrictions for the day...someone with a 2500 calorie diet differs than someone with 1400
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 (net) - I eat my exercise calories back

Breakfast is typically 250

Lunch is more like 350

Dinner is something like 500 ... depending on lunch & snacks

Which leaves room for 100+ (exercise calories) for snacks.
  • jbeyett
    Options
    They gave 1800 per day....
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    makes no difference, everyones different eg I dont eat a lot for breakfast as I find it hard to eat, so I usually have bigger dinners. I make sure I do eat though throughout the day to keep my blood sugar levels in line.
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    My typical is 250 for breakfast, 350 for lunch, and the rest for dinners.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,274 Member
    Options
    How many calories are considered normal on a per meal basis? Not just for the normal person but for someone that is counting their calories.

I've been seeing people post that 600 cal for dinner is high. That just seems insane to me.

I have 1690 calories a day before I work out.

I don't eat a big breakfast because I just can not wake up and eat. It makes me sick to my stomach. So, my breakfast is 100-300 calories a day.

Lunch can change depending on what the day holds for me. It is usually between 300-500 calories.

Dinner is normally about 300-600 calories depending on what I am making. Tonight for example is only 345 calories (honey garlic pork chops, glazed carrots, and green beans). It's not that I aimed for it to be that low, it just is. Sometimes my dinner is more then 600... again, it just depends.

Then I fill in with snacks.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    My net calories are 1200.

breakfast - usually around 200 cals.
    lunch - 300-350 cals.
    snack - 100 cals ( max.)
    dinner - around 400-500 cals.
    late night snack - 100 - 200 cals.

I like to spread them out as I'm ALWAYS hungry.
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I average about 300 (around there for breakfast, around 350ish) per meal, and then the rest I either eat as snacks, or add extras to my meal. I actually need to start planning meals better, to get them closer to 400ish, so I'm getting all my calories for the day without scrambling. Personally, I'm good with the 300 cal breakfast, but I prefer the rest of my calories to be somewhat equally split between lunch and dinner, and to avoid snacking after dinner. That's just me, though. To each his own.
  • jbeyett
    Options
    Thank you all for your help. I'm always on the go....work all day don't get home till after six and am busy chasing/cleaning up after the kids. So its hard to try and do a low cal dinner.

I'm thinking that I may need to just set aside some time and figure out low cal foods that work for me.