The 5 Grossest Things You're Eating

Options
O.M.G. I can't express how happy I am that I decided to cut processed white foods out of my diet (bread, rice, etc.), that I prefer Italian dressing, don't like shirmp or jelly beans, and that my mushrooms are always fresh!

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatthis/5-grossest-foods-supermarket

(Don't read the article if you're really into white breads/grains, shrimp, white creamy dressings, jelly beans or canned mushrooms...)

Mind. Blown.

Replies

• unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    Yeah, there's a ton of junk that 'the powers that be' consider food - it just isn't.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Shrimp is amazing
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Shrimp is amazing

It is amazing, but wild caught is much better for you and the environment than farmed shrimp.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    The article didn't say it was only white bread that had L-cysteine. I would imagine it's found in many whole grain breads as well.
  • simplyychaos
    Options
    I wonder if the mushroom part is the same for all canned vegetables? I can't stand anything but fresh vegetables but I have a friend that will ONLY eat green beans, carrots, corn, etc out of a can.
  • SkinnyShadow
    SkinnyShadow Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Eww... the canned mushrooms... 19??? *gag*

I also ready that any tomato products - it ketchup, sauce, paste etc is mostly rotten tomatoes ... same goes with fruit juices.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    The grossest stuff I eat isn't on that list.
  • kiki41
    kiki41 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    read this earlier on yahoo health. I was grossed out as well. Thankfully, I haven't been eating any of that stuff recently. *shiver*
  • SkinnyShadow
    SkinnyShadow Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The grossest stuff I eat isn't on that list.
    lol!!