Polar FT4 Views?

Options
Hi guys

I am looking to buy this, but just wondered what your views were on this?

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I love mine, it motivates me and helps keep me in-check with the calorie estimation.
  • ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am getting the FT7 tomorrow. Is the FT4 better ?
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    LOVE mine!! Gives me my own competition... from what I hear, it's basic but plenty for me!!!
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Its the dogs dangles:bigsmile: love mine its brilliant
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options

FT4 is a bit cheaper, FT7 does everything the FT4 does plus has some extra features. It all depends on what you need for your goals. :-)
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    i really want it to measure my calories and for me to keep y heart rate/fitness in check. But for calories in the main...

Do any of you guys use the chest strap too?
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    yep you have to use the chest strap in conjunction with the watch it gives max HR average HR calories burned and time in zone as well as total time
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    i really want it to measure my calories and for me to keep y heart rate/fitness in check. But for calories in the main...

Yep it comes with the chest strap and you have to use it. That's how it tracks your heartrate and it has to have that number to estimate your calories.
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!!!! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Yup love mine too. Plus it is pink :laugh:
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Best investment so far.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

The FT7 has more features and a larger memory and the ability to change the battery yourself.
  • sirihermine
    sirihermine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have it and love it.

It usually makes me push through my exercise routine just to see a higher calorie burn than last time I worked out.
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I just got mine 2 days ago and LOVE it it is my first HRM so I think its good to get used to that before using a more expensive one with more features because Im still kind of getting used to it with the buttons can be confusing but once you use it for activity youll love it too, mine is pink also I got it from bodytronics and put in a coupon code and got it just under $60
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

It is only a watch and timer if you don't use the chest strap, that is what sends your HR signal to the watch to calculate calories burned.
  • ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    So the FT4 you have to send it away to get the battery changed ?
  • nancy5012
    Options
    I love mine and my husband liked it so much he got the man's version!
  • jbantum
    Options
    Got one about a month ago (FT4) and I think it is the best value HRM on the market. It doesn't do all the functions that the others do, (like tracking calorie intake, but that's why we use this site!) and since it doesn't do all those functions it is very easy to use.
    Like you, I just wanted heart rate and calories burned, and it does both those things very well....
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I have the polar FT7 with the chest strap and I LOVE it!!! Best invest ever for my fitness needs...
  • CarissaNew
    CarissaNew Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have it in Pink :) and love it. And you have to wear the strap for it to track your heart rate. It's comfortable though, I don't even notice it while I am working out. It works for me!!!