So...what does everyone listen to?

Options
I listen to a wide variety of music depending on wot am doing just wana chance my ipod up a bit so hit me with your favs and wot you listen to when working out/chilling out

Replies

• skump425
    skump425 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Skrillex, Wolgang Gartner, Travis Porter, Madeon, Bassnectar, AVICII
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Skrillex, Wolgang Gartner, Travis Porter, Madeon, Bassnectar, AVICII

Did you steal my ipod?

Lots of Skrillex, Bassnectar, Deadmau5, Benny Benassi...but also Britney, Beyonce, Madonna, Katy Perry....and Lil Wayne, Drake, Kanye...I feel like my ipod has multiple personalities :)
  • applejacks1552
    Options
    Maybe I'm weird, but I mostly listen to audiobooks! That way my workout time is like a special reward. I used to be an avid reader, but just don't have time any more to sit down with a book. Our public library has tons of books on MP3 to download to my Sansa and I only allow myself to listen if I'm working out. Helps my motivation a bunch.

Generally I like being distracted during a workout, especially on the treadmill or elliptical, but I know some people like to focus more on the workout. For those rare occations I will listen to higher energy or more "aggressive" music, usually a variety of alternative rock since that's more my wheelhouse - LIVE, Linkin Park, and Evanescence are a few favorites.
  • RockChick1984
    Options
    3 doors down, creed, linkin park, breaking benjamin, guns n roses, audioslave, my chemical romance... and many more... u get the idea lol
  • alorick
    alorick Posts: 194
    Options
    I'm all over the place. I like a good bit of everything. Mostly, I listen to rock, hard rock, classic rock and metal.
  • marquesajen
    Options
    I've been on a Coheed & Cambria kick for the past few days because my husband was playing an acoustic song by Claudio. Also really like bands like The Replacements, The Decemberists, Person L, Modest Mouse, but also occasionally The Bled or The Band. Variety!
  • alorick
    alorick Posts: 194
    Options
    Right now, I'm obsessed with Acumen Nation and the new Mastadon album.
  • jennmartin82
    Options
    3 doors down, creed, linkin park, breaking benjamin, guns n roses, audioslave, my chemical romance... and many more... u get the idea lol

Almost identical! lol LOVEEE Breaking Benjamin!
  • teddypom
    Options
    Pantera, Metallica, METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • NubianSpirit
    NubianSpirit Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    depends on my mood - but i've been making use of internet radio stations as of late and for the most part i've been pretty pleased with the selection. my fix at the moment is songza and they actually have a cardio workout section listed!
  • ditzyFlip
    ditzyFlip Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hard rock, mostly but I also love mainstream pop.
    So I can pretty much listen to everything from Avenged Sevenfold to Katy Perry. I also like Daddy Yankee.
  • jankleberry
    Options
    I like hard rock, rock, metal and even a wee bitty of pop punk thrown in there and sometimes a bit of rap lol.

My all time favourite band is Avenged Sevenfold, as you can probably tell with the ticker :P
  • David1178
    Options
    Running or lifting weights I throw on either Pantera or Hatebreed.

Playing drums, I usually try to play along to fast skate/surf punk rock like Pennywise, Strung Out, Offspring, Authority Zero to get the heart rate up.
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I never see anyone list any country songs on these lists, but that's what I mostly listen to (maybe because I'm so old! Lol.) I just love The JaneDear Girls. Their songs "Wildflower", "Shotgun Girl", "Free Ride", and "Sugar" get me moving. I can't sit still when I listen to them, and I always kick my pace up a notch when walking to them.
  • PREDS77
    Options
    Metal \m/ The heavier , the better
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Skillet
    Disciple
    Dave Ramsey Podcasts

And my all time favorite motivating song - "How do you like me now?" By Toby Keith
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Mostly EBM, Industrial, some 80s New Wave, a little rock. When I'm in the mood some film scores
  • MIKE1SS
    Options
    Sheer Terror Wisdom in chains Sick of it all Killing time Replacements are my faves diggin trapped under ice right now

but I dig anything from Glen Miller to Slayer
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    i listen to almost everything but at this time i am listening to zac brown band
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Running or lifting weights I throw on either Pantera or Hatebreed.

Playing drums, I usually try to play along to fast skate/surf punk rock like Pennywise, Strung Out, Offspring, Authority Zero to get the heart rate up.

^ I play drums too & I've found if I don't have a fast song to push me while I'm running I'll slow down to the beat like I'm playing the kick drum. :grumble: