I've been here one week... still need friends!

Options
Hi everyone! One of my favorite sayings is "The More The Merrier!" I would like to have you as a friend so we can help each other with our fitness goals. I am losing weight after carrying an extra 30 pounds for the last 7 years.

Just a little about me...

I play piano, flute and guitar. I am also a songwriter/singer!!! I work entirely as a self employed musician. I have 37 musical students, I teach a class called "Tunes For Tots" for Moms and their little ones, I am a musical director for Unity in St. Louis and I gig with my friends at cafes and wineries. Because I am in front of people so much, I think it is important for me to lose weight and feel and look my best. Please join me on my fitness quest!!!

Replies

• JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Hello. I feel very boring compared to you, but still need friends and support, so would be happy to work with you. friend me if you like mundane!
  • alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been on MFP for a little while. Went back and forth on my diet but was not familiar with the communities. I am 43 and 40lbs or so overweight.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    you can all add me if you would like!
  • SassyMom23
    SassyMom23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well, I also say the more the merrier! :happy:
  • mamato3babies
    mamato3babies Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am Amy, 29 yrs old (on the 20th) and need supporters as well. I just started mfp today. I live in SC.
  • Ruthe314
    Ruthe314 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I need support too! Please add me!
  • bbmich23
    bbmich23 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am also looking for friends. I have also been here for almost a week, BUT the day after I joined I got a stomach flu and a cold. So, this week has been very laid back for me. I am hoping by next week I can get on track and get started. I have yet to buy scales for my house because I hate looking at the number. I know that I need to keep track, so that is my next goal. Get scales so I can weigh myself every week..I have started by making small changes to my diet and I have just started keeping track of my food and what goes into my mouth. My life is quite boring compared to yours, but I love making new friends! I am 34 yrs old and my short term goal is also 30 lb. I also have another goal, but i have to focus on the smaller things first. I hope to get to know you! have a great day:)
  • steffihoney
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to the site! I am sure you will make lots of friends to support and motivate you.
    I sent you a friend request!
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome :flowerforyou: I have been here since the middle of September, I really think you will like this site...feel free to add me if you like!
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :)
  • ShalisaClam
    Options
    Anyone who would like to add me is welcome!! :happy:
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You may add me if you would like. I have lost 28 lbs since September and am now working on firming up what is left. I am on here everyday and will be happy to provide what support I can.
  • Cheryl943
    Options
    Welcome feel free to add me
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    my english is not very good, but I will be more than happy to be friends with all of you.
  • nightshade21
    nightshade21 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would love more friends! I've been using this site now for about a week, and could use more motivation and encouragement and I love to encourage others!
  • Kayla165
    Kayla165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I am always happy to have more friends.
  • RoseW125
    Options
    Hey... feel free to add me. I am a stay at home mom who really doesn't stay home much, lol!!! I live out in the country on a farm, am married and have 2 boys age 5 and 7. :smile:
  • lissamok
    Options
    Anyone who would like to add me is welcome! We're all in this together, so I agree: the more the merrier. It's also so nice to celebrate successes with people who are supportive.
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    i'm a self-employed artist - i know being self-employed presents a lot of challenges to fitness goals sometimes (such as not having defined mealtimes!) and that a creative profession is also a sedentary one. i'll add you :) i'm looking for motivational friends too!
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me