Cell Phone Choice for Busy Mom

Options
fuminator18
fuminator18 Posts: 89 Member
this is not so related to fitness, but I want to hear opinions from moms out there, which cell phone you have and the reasons you like it. I am a busy mom and nowdays, you can utilize cell phones to really organize your every day busyness or business. So give me some ideas, which and why, I appreciate it!

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    iPhone all the way, I'd be lost without mine! Thousands of apps to help you with absolutely anything, music on hand, google maps, face-time....can't praise it highly enough.
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Not a parent myself, but all my friends who are moms have iPhones. They will use the apps for themselves, and if needed hand off to the kiddo to entertain themselves while they eat at a restaurant.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    My wife, who is a Mom, and I, who is not but is a Dad, have iPhones. Absolutely the way to go. We used to have Android phones before Sprint started selling the iPhones, and it is a million times better.
  • jeccalou
    jeccalou Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    not a mom, but hands down an iphone.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    love my iphone. I put everything in it. It's my alarm clock, calender, mfp log, tracks my runs, my grocery list, facebook, email, etc... It has everything. And I love siri.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I evaluate and support mobile phones where I work. I'm currently using a BlackBerry Torch (model 9850) and love it. I use it for email, text messages, IM, calendar appts (for both work and home), keeping notes (grocery lists!), and have the MyFitnessPal app on it.

I also have an iPhone for work, but don't use it as much since I'm not an 'apps' person. iPhone is better at apps (and there are a LOT more than BB or even Android) but I don't miss not having a ton of apps on my BB.

That said, if you want to use the MyFitnessPal app on your phone to log food on the go, get either an iPhone or Android device. You can scan barcodes of food to add to your food diary with those devices and can't do that with the BB.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Seriously, I just got my first iPhone at lunch today. I'm really kicking myself for not giving in and getting one sooner. Very easy/user friendly and I'm checking out all the free games I can add for my kids.
  • TonyL68
    TonyL68 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My wife and I (mom and dad) love our iPhones.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: much love for the iPhone:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Best piece of advice I have? Get an otterbox defender for it! It WILL save your phone's life. They come in a million color combos on ebay, and for only about $35, they are the best insurance available!!!!
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    iphone iphone iphone :-)
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    The iPhone for everyone for every reason. And is someone that doesn't own an iPhone tells you their phone is better? Don't believe them. They have no idea what they're talking about!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Android....cheaper than the iphone, and they don't charge for things google already gives you for free.
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    not really into apple or the Iphone, my husband and I bolth have g2 from HTC, love it, get simlar apps as the iphone plus some that the iphone doesn't get plus you can download the mfp app. Plus it has a full key board which I love because I hate typing on touch screens. Plus I don't have to worry about what Im trying to send to people being corrected by auto-correct.
  • angelgutierrez
    Options
    I had the I phone then I went for the Galaxy 2, which i absolutely love....but they are coming out with the Galaxy Note which im planning to get...Screen size is very important to me.
  • Angel1029
    Options
    iPhone hands down!!!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    not really into apple or the Iphone, my husband and I bolth have g2 from HTC, love it, get simlar apps as the iphone plus some that the iphone doesn't get plus you can download the mfp app. Plus it has a full key board which I love because I hate typing on touch screens. Plus I don't have to worry about what Im trying to send to people being corrected by auto-correct.

you can turn off auto-correct :)
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    **Hiss** at the Apple fans. :tongue:

I had the very first iPhone when it came out. It was a fun toy but am a fan of the Android phones. More options, more free apps for what I want etc.

I currently use the Samsung Galaxy S2 and :heart: it. I use it for everything I can think of. Of all the phones I've had (and I have had MANY phones...I'm a cell geek) ranging from iPhone to Blackberry to Android, this is the one phone I'm not already waiting for the newest one to replace it.
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Android....cheaper than the iphone, and they don't charge for things google already gives you for free.
    and this
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options

you can turn off auto-correct :)

Noooooooooo....leave the auto correct on!!! I love the D*amn You Auto Correct's!! :bigsmile:
  • alorick
    alorick Posts: 194
    Options
    iPhone all they way. I've had an iPhone (started with the 3G) for 3 years now, and I cannot imagine life without it. So many great apps and I LOVE having my music right there on my phone!