Busy morning...what to eat?

Options
Since starting MFP, just under 2 weeks ago, I've had 2 morning where I was so busy taking my kids to school or doctor appointments or whatever that I haven't been home till the afternoon and found myself not eating till lunch time. I know this is bad. So my question is, on days like that, what can I get that's easy grab and go breakfast? What are you guys eating when you are rushing around in the AM??

Thanks!!

Replies

• m_shuman
    m_shuman Posts: 179
    Options
    My favorite quick/ on the go breakfast is a hardboiled egg, bannana and hot tea with lemon. You can boil eggs the night before.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Good idea! Thanks!

Would love to hear more.
  • angbak60
    angbak60 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    1. A palm-ful of almonds with an apple
    2. Boil and peel a few eggs. Store them in baggies in the fridge for a couple of days. Grab and go!
    3. PB&J (or PB and a bit of honey) on the flat round bread!
    4. Some deli turkey wrapped in a slice of cheese.

Hope this helps :smile:
  • MoreThanMommie
    Options
    Thank you. It does!
  • MoreThanMommie
    Options
    Anyone else have suggestions?

Thanks!
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Put some single serving nuts in ziplock baggies ahead of time.
    Boil some eggs for the week.
    Avocados halved can be put in ziplock baggies and stored in the fridge for a few days or so.

My favorite is making toast while I'm doing my hair and then grabbing half of an avocado (precut) and chopping it on my toast. Sometimes I chop a hard boiled egg to go with it.

The best thing you can is what you are currently doing. You are looking for ideas. Write them on a list. A little preplanning goes a longs way. That way when you are stressed and busy, you can refer to your written list. After all, our brains dont work as easily when we are in a hurry.

Oatmeal in the microwave while you are getting dressed is also fast. Transfer it to a disposable cup and spoon and take it with you.
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs are great like a poster above mentioned. I boil a bunch of them on Sunday and grab a couple each morning.

Sometimes I even cook eggs in the microwave for a minute or so. I crack a few eggs in a big mug, add bell peppers, a little cheese, and chili powder for a kick and then mix it all up. Nuke it in the microwave for a minute and voila you have a fluffy egg that you can put in an english muffin or wrap. Instant egg mcmuffin or breakfast burrito.
  • Enit2winit
    Options
    Protein balls!! So Yum... Google or YouTube it.
  • Enit2winit
    Options
    Protein balls!! So Yum... Google or YouTube it.