Sports Ear Phones

Options
Hi Everyone,

I am about to start a couch to 5k run fitness regime and I'd like to buy some earphones to plug into my iPhone to help the jogging/running/walking feel more enjoyable!

I wondered if you have any advice on what earphones to buy. I want earphones that wont slip out of my ears and give a good clear sound whilst on the move.

I think I need an arm band thingy as well, to house my iPhone.

Any advice or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thank you :bigsmile:

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    If you are going to be running or walking outside, I wouldnt do headphones in your ears.
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I have gone through about 92873482943 pairs of earbuds because none of them fit right or stay in, but FINALLY I have found the most amazing ones ever. They are called Yurbuds IronMan earbuds, and they are sweat proof and they don't budge at all when you're working out. I LOVE them! Plus the sound quality is really good. They run a bit more expensive than your average earbuds (about $30 for the basic ones at Best Buy) but they are sooo worth it. I'll never use a different kind of headphones again!
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
  • chachilynn
    Options
    Yep, yurbuds are the best!! Highly recommend them!
  • BAMFMeredith
    Options
    If you are going to be running or walking outside, I wouldnt do headphones in your ears.

Just curious, why is that? I have always used the ones in my ears and I run outside all the time.
  • NicolePatriot
    Options

Just curious, why is that? I have always used the ones in my ears and I run outside all the time.

She's probably saying that for safety reasons. You couldn't hear someone coming up behind you. I still use mine outside, though.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I personally use these and I use them in the gym, on runs, skating, cycling and the sound is very very nice, rich and deep. Kind of expensive but you get what you pay for right? I have had then for more then a year and not a single issue and they get used a min of 4-5 days a week during that time.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+Ear+Bud+Headphones+-+Black/9228123.p?id=1218062715303&skuId=9228123
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I buy Skull Candy earphones at Target for $15. They come with 3 different size buds so you can fit them to your ears and are very good quality (lots of bass =}). I wear them while I work on the farm and exercise and they never come out. I have also not had a problem with them getting wet from the rain or if the cord gets yanked on they still hold up. I have had the same pair for 3 yrs!
  • BAMFMeredith
    Options

She's probably saying that for safety reasons. You couldn't hear someone coming up behind you. I still use mine outside, though.

Ah, gotcha, I just keep my volume a little lower when I'm running alone outside. I also carry pepper spray haha
  • StacyX582
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Philips-ActionFit-SHQ4000-28-Headphones/dp/B004477D0K/ref=cm_cr-mr-title

I have these and LOVE them - the behind-the-neck headband is great for running, and they function just like ear buds (but don't fall out of your ears). Plus they're not super expensive :)
  • jdavison91
    Options
    These are great. Very comfortable, sweat resistance, and most importantly, they are bluetooth so you don't have to worry about cords getting in your way.

http://amzn.to/xX9Rcc

I have worn mine during half marathons and through all of my training, both indoors and out.
  • Glasspack
    Glasspack Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've been using yurbuds for a while and they are great when I'm running outside.

http://yurbuds1.reachlocal.net/?utm_source=ReachLocal&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=Search
  • kit8kat
    kit8kat Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow ! What a great response. Thank you very much to everyone for your advice and suggestions. I am looking at them all online as I type.

I am happy to pay good money for good products.

The Yurbuds look great........ they all look great.

It's so much better to buy something when it's been tried and tested by other people.

Thank you again. Looking forward to the 5k end result!
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I love my Jaybird gear bluetooth headphones. Totally worth the money.
  • kit8kat
    kit8kat Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Ah, gotcha, I just keep my volume a little lower when I'm running alone outside. I also carry pepper spray haha

I might have to invest in some pepper spray then, and a mini baseball bat. LOL

Very sensible advice - I shall make sure I turn my volume down too.
  • LSkelton29
    Options
    Unless you are a real audiophile don't spend too much money on earphones. I just buy the cheapie ones from Walmart so when I loose them I don't get upset. I find the sound and comfort to be very adequate.
  • ProjectTina
    Options
    Every ear is different! I can't use the in-ear types because they just fall out or don't feel comfortable. Someone mentioned safety, and the in-ear headphones are much better at shutting the noise out. Having regular earbuds might give a worse sound, but you are more aware of your surroundings.

I like the earclip ones and my favourites are from Sennheiser Sport: http://www.sennheiserusa.com/sport-headphones-earbuds-Sennheiser-adidas
  • NicolePatriot
    Options

lol, too funny. I carry my mace too :D