Lunch time workout

vanimami
vanimami Posts: 433 Member
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
Ok, so I've been walking at 3.5 mph at a 5-7% incline on my lunch hour, so 40 minutes, every workday. My question is, do you think it's better that I keeping doing that or should I start lifting weights during my lunch. I haven't been doing weights at all, but I need to start incorporating them and this might be the perfect time. Also, MFP says I burn about 266 cals during my walking workout, do you think the anaerobic activity will burn roughly the same? Advise would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    I would suggest doing weights once or twice a week with some cardio. More muscle burns more fat.
  • onfleur
    onfleur Posts: 159 Member
    Even walking with 2-4 pound weights will make a difference in your work out. Mix it up a little 2-3 days a week. Keep up the GREAT work!
  • I agree about doing both weights and cardio. Weights do burn a lot of calories because often if you are pushing yourself, your heart is pounding and you are getting aerobic exercise at the same time. (At least for me!!!) Also your metabolism stays revved up for much longer after a weight session than a plain cardio session.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Thanks ladies. I actually lifted legs and abs today at lunch time. Since I usually do cardio in the mornings and in the evenings, I think I'll do more weights during lunch :)
This discussion has been closed.