Please take a look at my diary - Not losing weight

Options

Replies

• heatherterp
    Options
    check your activity level. I know my husband was not moving on the scale and after talking about it we had different views of what they meant. he dropped it down one activity level and now the pounds are moving for him.
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    Well, I am having the same problem. I have a lap-band. I lost 140 pounds and have come to a complete stop. I just seen my nutritionist and asked about eating back my exercise calories. She doesn't agree with that (I'm not sure I agree with her) She told me, You're body is saying enough... it thinks I am supposed to weigh XXX because I always have and it is doing every thing it can to stop me from losing more weight. She looked at my food and exercise logs and thought everything looked great. She strongly suggested changing up my exercise. (by the way i went to the gym for 26 days in January for 1 to 1 1/2 hours each time and ate around 1200 to 1400 total calories each day - I lost nothing, not even 1 oz.) Anyway she has me doing interval training, she thinks that will "trick" my body. I haven't stepped on the scale since Feb 1 cuz it is just too discouraging. I'm doing the interval training and hopefully when I finally do get on the scale I will see a change.

not sure what I think about any of it.
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    you should eat breakfast. also i notice you do alot of walking and low-impact exercise. youre going to have to shake up your routine and add some weight-training, and also do cardio that gets your heart rate up. if you do weight-training, eat more protein:)
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    As others said, and in my opinion, your sodium, sugar, and carbs are too high and your protein is too low for your body weight. Maybe if you change those ratios for few weeks or a couple of months, you will see a difference.

Congratulations on your weight loss so far!
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    Hey Amber! Great success story already. I'm 5'4, 34 yrs old. I started at 171 and am now 129. I had a look at your diary. I would say definitely eat those exercise calories back. Your body needs the extra calories and watch that sodium intake. Try to keep it below 1500 mg per day. Good luck girl! If you want extra support, add me.

6143704.png
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Eat more.
    Eat more veggies.
    Eat less fruit.
    Make sure you get enough protein.
    HEALTHY FATS ARE IMPORTANT. Butter, avocado, nuts, seeds.
    Limit carbs (ish).
    Lift weights.

Simply said and true!!!!
  • Abbdul
    Abbdul Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    you need to change ur exercise , make it more intense
  • How are your clothes fitting? Can you tell a loss in inches or centimeters?
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    One more suggestion. Change up your macros to 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat. The protein will keep you full longer and help build sexy muscles with your Ripped in 30 DVDs. I'm a Jillian Michaels addict. Those are what got me to goal.

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • amberbekolay
    Options
    One more suggestion. Change up your macros to 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat. The protein will keep you full longer and help build sexy muscles with your Ripped in 30 DVDs. I'm a Jillian Michaels addict. Those are what got me to goal.

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Thanks, I'll try this. I love Jillian Michaels too! Her DVDs got me to where I am now!
  • amberbekolay
    Options
    How are your clothes fitting? Can you tell a loss in inches or centimeters?

I haven't measured myself recently so I'll have to do that when I get home! I guess my clothes might be a bit loser than a few weeks ago.
    Thanks!
  • jennhase
    jennhase Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i see you haven't logged in water...are you drinking a lot of water? if you drink nothing but water it will push some of that fluid out.
  • cindyanne29
    cindyanne29 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I don't really know; but I will say that 1800 cals a day is a lot. Maybe you are changing the MFP settings? I would think you should be at 1400 cals or so.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Try bumping up your calories a tiny bit
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have heard on the forums that alot of people have has sucess from change their goals to 0.5 a week. The closer you get to your goal, the less of a deficit you need.

I agree with this. I'm 5'5" 140lbs (want to get down to 130) and was eating 1400 a day. I upped my calories to 1600 just this past week and I lost double the weight that I did last week. It felt really weird to do because I felt like I was eating way more than I normally would, but so far its working for me. Try it out and see how it goes.

Maybe this is my problem, im just too scared to try it, if I gain, I may not be able to get it off!
  • amberbekolay
    Options
    I don't really know; but I will say that 1800 cals a day is a lot. Maybe you are changing the MFP settings? I would think you should be at 1400 cals or so.

Well its set for 1290 calories a day, but on the days that I work out I've been eating back some of those calories. Plus, this week I was trying to eat a bit more in hopes of fixing this plateau.
  • amberbekolay
    Options
    i see you haven't logged in water...are you drinking a lot of water? if you drink nothing but water it will push some of that fluid out.

I don't log my water because I already know I drink way more than 8 glasses a day and was always forgetting to log it. I love water though, so that's not an issue. :)
    Thanks!
  • hao548
    hao548 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would first recommend adding fibre and/or protein to your breakfast. It is your smallest caloric meal of the day. Ideally you would have your breakfast as calorically dense or more than your later meals as you have all day to burn it off. Try adding egg whites, all bran buds, or oatmeal to your weekly routine. Also, try adding small amounts of protein to your snacks. Idea: Low fat cottage cheese, nuts (small amounts as they are healthy yet calorically dense). The protein can help stabilize your appetite and blood sugar levels. You may notice less up and downs in energy, appetite, and feel more balanced through the day. Thus, your liver/pancreas are not working overtime to balance your blood sugar/insulin levels. Just a thought from a Dietitian prospective (I only had a chance to glance and this week's input for your diary). :)

As well, remember that how you feel and how your clothes are fitting (i.e. inches lost) are more significant than what a scale says. You can lose up to 3 lbs after a good bathroom visit so the scale isn't always telling.
  • jessicaann05
    Options
    Eat more.
    Eat more veggies.
    Eat less fruit.
    Make sure you get enough protein.
    HEALTHY FATS ARE IMPORTANT. Butter, avocado, nuts, seeds.
    Limit carbs (ish).
    Lift weights.

THIS ^^^^^

Yes, I think the sugar and complex carbs are preventing the last bit from coming off. Definitely more veggies and lean protein.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I do not see much wrong with your food diary. Maybe decrease the cals by 100 - 200 cals at max. There were some days that sodium was over budget but just the small amount of days so I do not think would have this kind of plateau effect that you are experiencing. There can be some small improvements to be made though in areas of working out IMO. Do different types of circuit training. I did not go thru much of your training log but if you are doing the same routine day in and day out this can cause some of the effects that you are experiencing. Try to get a hold of some circuits like on P90X. The human body is very good at adapting to its environment so if you are doing the same routines you will need to change that up to keep the body guessing.